WR Penny Hart met with Cowboys "few" times at Senior Bowl

RS12

Reaction score
I'd rather be pleasantly surprised by a small 5th-7th round or UDFA slot receiver than spend 2 through 4 on one.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'd rather be pleasantly surprised by a small 5th-7th round or UDFA slot receiver than spend 2 through 4 on one.

With Dak it's a very important role in this offense so I'm ok with the investment.

Same with TE. We need quality in those areas.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Beasley played in 66% of all offensive snaps last year. A lot of teams are going to s11 (3 WR, 1RB, 1TE) type personnel a lot, which is a big reason why the Nickel has become the base defensive package really.

I don't think we spend a 2 or 3, but we have two 4ths, one spent on a guy who will see the field 2 out of 3 offensive snaps and actually be pretty good is value.

4th sounds like pretty good value for Hart. He's limited to slot but some team may really like him (outlet for young QB, etc).

conner01

Reaction score
I don't see that....at all. They're slot players with limited ability. 4th round or lower for me.
Neither will last to the 4th
I suspect one will be gone before our first pick
Our slot receiver get plenty of targets to make them pretty valuable
And if you get one with return skills even more valuable

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I don't know Bease caught more balls with him than he ever did with the previous guy.
Keep in mind that the "previous guy" actually had long ball accuracy. He didn't rely on Beasley's 8 yard routes to run the offense. Once teams started shutting Beasley down, Dak started to look like a deer in the headlights. For the record, not all of that is on Dak. Scheme and play calling did him no favors. But Romo used Beasley as a compliment to the offense. Dak used him as a crutch.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep in mind that the "previous guy" actually had long ball accuracy. He didn't rely on Beasley's 8 yard routes to run the offense. Once teams started shutting Beasley down, Dak started to look like a deer in the headlights. For the record, not all of that is on Dak. Scheme and play calling did him no favors. But Romo used Beasley as a compliment to the offense. Dak used him as a crutch.

His prime years were also with Prescott.

cristglo

Reaction score
I don't see that....at all. They're slot players with limited ability. 4th round or lower for me.
I have to agree they will make them so money this week if they have a good game today but No way i see them going in the first or even 2.

visionary

Reaction score
I agree - I like Dortch a lot. Brings punt return ability as well.

Agree

I'd like the slot WR and maybe back up RB to have PR/KR ability . We have been sorely lacking in those areas and need to upgrade