WR problem our own fault

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Ok I really hope this whole TO thing works out for the good of the Cowboys, but the lack of veterans and people with experience is our own fault.

We have traded, cut, or let go these four guys, that I would gladly take back in a heartbeat.

Joey Galloway (Bucs #1) He tore it up last year, and I would easily put him in #1 spot
Antonio Bryant (49ers #1) Easily a good #2
Peerless Price (Bills #1) A servicable #2 or #3
Keyshaun Johnson (Panthers #2) A good #1 or #2 and who didn't like the way he played last year?

Granted the Bills and 49ers aren't very good. But 2 of those guys I would rather have than TO.

I'm just saying the WR mess is our own fault.

Of course this is just my opinion.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
If you would rather have any of those guys than TO, based solely on talent and on the field performance, you're either on crack or you don't know crap about talent acquisition.

TO might be a headache, but he's got more talent than every single person you mentioned there.

Honestly, the only guy off that list that would work here in Dallas anyway is KJ, and he just isn't what he used to be. He's also arguably a pretty big bust for his career, as an fyi.

The Realist

Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:
Ok I really hope this whole TO thing works out for the good of the Cowboys, but the lack of veterans and people with experience is our own fault.

We have traded, cut, or let go these four guys, that I would gladly take back in a heartbeat.

Joey Galloway (Bucs #1) He tore it up last year, and I would easily put him in #1 spot
Keyshaun Johnson (Panthers #2) A good #1 or #2 and who didn't like the way he played last year?

Granted the Bills and 49ers aren't very good. But 2 of those guys I would rather have than TO.

If any of those guys were on the same team as TO would they have any chance of being a #1 WR?

Peerless couldn't even be a servicable #4 when he was here.

Key has zero speed and we clearly wanted to juice up the offense this year if you listen to those who count.

Just cuz you would want them doesn't mean they are better, cuz they clearly aren't.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:

You are aware that we traded one of the guys on your list for another one aren't you?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
peerless price got the shaft here, he coulda been a great number two for us especially considering his past with bledsoe. parcells never gave him the chance.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
WR, I believe is not a position to be worried about. n wut mess are you talkin about? Im not defending TO, but wut mess? he was late, TO admits it and takes it like nuthing happened. Parcells also.

Example:

BP: ''If you dont practice, you aint playing on sundays''
TO: '' its one of coachs' rules. theres nuthing wrong, I would agree''

not exactly wut they quoted, but its the same idea. I DONT SEE A MESS.

so theres no need to COUNT OUT TO, he'll be ok. and WR is in good shape. dont forget the Rookies. HUrd, Rector.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Ima just throw this out there, keyshawn at the second tight end spot with witten glenn and peerless price is a very very good offense.

keyshawn never woulda gone for it though

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Galloway just did not work for this team. Be it injuires when he first came or whatever else, that was a disasterous trade for us.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I was simply stating a type of hypothetical, and getting the quality names of people we let go. Jeez I didn't figure I would get some of you in such an uproar.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Peerless Price isn't worth mentioning ever again.

Like I said, we should have, Greg, drafted a promising young, Jennings, receiver sometime, Greg, in the recent past, Jennings. Ahem. But who?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:

I do not see a mess...but rather developing young talent behind veteran WR's and a WR (Crayton) making the transition. Not a problem!! :bang2::banghead:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
peerless price is competing for #2 at buffalo w/ josh reed...josh reed. let me repeat...he is competing w/ josh reed for #2 in buffalo. Apart from Lee Evans, all of our WRs are better than anything they have.

Smith22

Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:

Some things just aren't meant to be, Galloway being a Cowboy wasn't for some reason. Great talent though. Injuries just made the whole situation a mess.

cowboyeric8 said:

Please. All the talent in the world, wouldn't get with the program. Now he is on his 3rd team.

cowboyeric8 said:

GARBAGE!

cowboyeric8 said:

Never cared for the guy, but he won me over as a Cowboy. Loved his attitude on the field. No way he could get along with TO though.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:

In Joey Galloway we had a guy who's game wasn't a mirror image of Glenn, but very similar. A smaller, faster WR.

Antonio Bryant actually undermined Parcells. TO might not be practicing, but I doubt the guy who came back from an injury as bad his prior one is faking. On THAT I will give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a headcase, but doesn't have the talent TO does (and I really like AB)

Peerless Price is bad. He didn't cut it in Atanta, who gave up a 1st rounder for him. He wasn't good here either. He had 1 good year in Buffalo, as a #2 Wr for a pass happy team.

And tell me where we havent added alot of talent at WR. Look at the battle for the 3/4/5 spots. Crayton, Hurd, Rector, Copper, Green (not much at WR)...who do you keep? That's depth.

You sir are incorrect.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
None of those guys come close to T.O. Now that I think of it none of those guys come close to Terry Glenn either:lmao:

ghst187

Reaction score
I was never quite sure why we gave away Galloway. We could've easily gotten Key for next to nothing. Galloway was still a good WR, he just got injured early when we got him, then he didn't have a QB worth a darn to throw to him.
Right now, Galloway, Glenn, and Crayton would be pretty solid....TO, Galloway, and Glenn would be the best WR corps in the league.
I didn't like giving Galloway away, esp after the high price we paid for him. Peerless would've been nice to keep one more season but I understand him feeling like he got the shaft here last season. He kinda did. He's not a bad WR.