WR Roy Williams does not want to be part of media circus

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Roy Williams, WR Thursday 6/12, 1:38 PM CT
Source: RotoTimes

Detroit Lions wide receiver Roy Williams does not want to be part of the group of NFL receivers who are making threats and demands because of unhappiness with their contracts, and vows to report to training camp on time, according to the Detroit News. "Don't put me in that mix," Williams said Thursday. "I'm a different type of guy. I don't want to be the guy who has a problem. I do what I'm told. I've always cooperated with the Lions, done my part trying to help this team win. I'll continue to do that."

Our View: Williams has been the subject of several offseason trade rumors, and the 2008 season is the last year on his current contract. He will make a total of $5.8 million in base salary and bonuses. In the day and age of diva receivers, it’s nice to hear that Williams will honor his contract and report to work.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
He sounds like a really nice guy who has his priorities straight...makes me wish we would make more of an effort to get him.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score

So he DOESN'T want to come to Dallas now?

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
No one said he does not want to come to Dallas. Just sounds like he is going to be professional which is frankly a nice change to the whiny childish behavior we see so often. I am sure he will manage any issues with the organization behind closed doors in private.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Disturbed;2116177 said:
No one said he does not want to come to Dallas. Just sounds like he is going to be professional which is frankly a nice change to the whiny childish behavior we see so often. I am sure he will manage any issues with the organization behind closed doors in private.

I was joking, since it's always seems to be a media circus around the Cowboys.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2116189 said:

I got it and thought it was pretty funny...
:laugh2:

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2116189 said:

I missed the Sarcasm. Your absolutely right... :laugh2:

aggiecurt05

Reaction score
Gryphon;2116110 said:
Roy Williams, WR Thursday 6/12, 1:38 PM CT
Source: RotoTimes

Detroit Lions wide receiver Roy Williams does not want to be part of the group of NFL receivers who are making threats and demands because of unhappiness with their contracts, and vows to report to training camp on time, according to the Detroit News. "Don't put me in that mix," Williams said Thursday. "I'm a different type of guy. I don't want to be the guy who has a problem. I do what I'm told. I've always cooperated with the Lions, done my part trying to help this team win. I'll continue to do that."

Our View: Williams has been the subject of several offseason trade rumors, and the 2008 season is the last year on his current contract. He will make a total of $5.8 million in base salary and bonuses. In the day and age of diva receivers, it’s nice to hear that Williams will honor his contract and report to work.

I too think this is a nice change, but I have to admit, I think that the vast majority of us are quite hypocritical when we complain about players being unhappy for being paid below market value. Seriously, do teams have loyalty to players if they don't perform up to their contract? No, they cut them. Do players get paid if they get injured as they get older? No. Then why would a player be considered a bad guy for wanting to be paid market value in the years that he's playing like an All Pro? Seriously, if the team isn't required to honor the contract if the player doesn't perform up to their standard, why does the player get a bad rap for wanting to renegotiate if he's played far beyond it?

Name one person that you know that is happy making far less money than he should based on his financial value to the company.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2116166 said:

So he DOESN'T want to come to Dallas now?
:laugh2:

Nice one.