WR Salas chooses agent Zuckerman

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Salas chooses agent Zuckerman
By Stephen Tsai
http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/sportsnews/20101229_Salas_chooses_agent_Zuckerman.html

<p>Zuckerman is confident Salas will impress NFL scouts.</p>
<p>&quot;I like his competitive nature,&quot; Zuckerman said. &quot;After he dropped a punt (in the Hawaii Bowl), he tried to put the team on his back. He felt very obligated to pull them back into the game. He's a winner. He's extremely coachable and extremely grounded. I expect big things from the guy at the next level

Former Hawaii slotback Greg Salas took the first step toward a professional football career yesterday, signing with agent Kenny Zuckerman of Priority Sports & Entertainment.

Zuckerman said scouts have told him that Salas is considered one of the five best senior receivers eligible for the draft. But Salas' predicted draft status will not be determined until after Jan. 15, the deadline for juniors to declare for the NFL Draft.

Juniors with first-round potential are Michael Floyd of Notre Dame, Julio Jones of Alabama, Jon Baldwin of Pittsburgh, Randall Cobb of Kentucky, Juron Criner of Arizona and Torrey Smith of Maryland. Smith already has said he will apply for the draft.

Zuckerman is confident Salas will impress NFL scouts.

"I like his competitive nature," Zuckerman said. "After he dropped a punt (in the Hawaii Bowl), he tried to put the team on his back. He felt very obligated to pull them back into the game. He's a winner. He's extremely coachable and extremely grounded. I expect big things from the guy at the next level."