WR, trade not looking good

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Lions | McDonald remains out
Sat, 26 Jul 2008 15:36:36 -0700
Detroit Lions WR Shaun McDonald (knee) did not practice Saturday, July 26, and remains on the PUP

Lions | Ball's season could be over
Sat, 26 Jul 2008 15:37:43 -0700
Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli said WR Reggie Ball (knee) suffered a knee injury. "I can't say exactly what it all is. The (doctor) I know came in this morning to look at it, but he's out," Marinelli said. "He could be out - done."

SHEPPARD, AGENT MEET WITH REID, BANNER

Posted by Mike Florio on July 26, 2008, 11:03 p.m.
A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that Eagles cornerback Lito Sheppard and agent Drew Rosenhaus held on Saturday a sit-down with Eagles coach Andy Reid and team president Joe Banner.
The meeting was described as calm and productive. Sheppard still wants a trade or a new contract.
The Saturday hamstring injury to Asante Samuel might have caused the Eagles to realize that it would be prudent to keep both Samuel and Sheppard. If they do, however, they’ll likely need to bump up Sheppard’s salary significantly.
Sheppard is signed through 2011, at salaries of $2 million, $3 million, $3.7 million, and $4.25 million, respectively over the next four seasons.
With Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin unhappy in Arizona and resigned to departing once his contract expires after the 2010 season, a trade of Sheppard for Boldin might make sense. The Eagles likely would have to kick in a little bit more to even out the package, and both teams would have to be ready to pony up the cash to the player received via any such transaction.

Looks like we are playing with the hand that we were dealt.

The young guys, WRs, might surprise.

sago1

Reaction score
Kick in a "bit more" along with Sheppard is IMHO a ridiculous statement. Boldin is a pro bowl WR. If I'm the Cards, I want their highest first round pick in 09 & Sheppard--nothing less unless the Cards have greater need elsewhere then at CB. That's why I doubt the Cowboys have enough leverage to trade for Boldin right now.

We just gotta hope at least one of our young WRs can step it up or that another trade or the waiver wire can help us out. Cutting an aging vet WR happens on the time as teams see a younger WR coming along & they want to save cap space. If there's any aging vet WR out there whose still got some real game & still better then our young guys, I'd sure be talking with him.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
I for one never believed we'd get a Boldin, Chad J. or Roy W anyway. Those were just pipe dreams, so yes, we go with what we have. Although I'd say most of us realize an older vet WR is always an option if we feel it's a need as camp and PS transpire.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, I don't see how any of that news changes the fact Roy Williams' contract is up after this season. And I've already decided A. Boldin won't be an E-Gal.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Kilyin;2161226 said:
That's called "speculation".

That's what is out there right now. I bet alot of the "inside source" news is just speculation also.

Obviously us getting a #2 vet WR is pretty slim.

Chad's cap hit is prohibiting for the Bengals.

The Cardinal's asking price for Boldin would be very high. He said he wants to bolt when his contract is up. Ordered Drew Rosenhaus to stop trying to renegotiate his contract. There're not going to want to deal with us anyway, haters.

Detroit's Roy Williams would make the most sense, but they're having injury issues. He's a free agent next year. You'd think Matt Millen (GM) would want to get something for him, since his driveway doesn't quite reach the street (Millens), I don't really see that happening either.

So speculating or not, let us keep pulling for the youngins (WRs) that we already have.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Guys stop with Boldin, He is at best a Good #2. He has good hands, decent after the run and runs good routes...But have you seen his speed? He is maybe a little faster then Crayton.