Wrestling fans who take it too far.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I work in a sports store, last weekend a big guy(as in big, muscular guy) came in asking if we carry wrestling apparel. I told him that we did not and that we carry mostly team sports (NFL/NBA/MLB etc) and he said:

"So you don't carry any real sports in here?"

And I asked if he was a fan of NCAA wrestling and he said "no, just pro wrestling. I can't believe you carry football stuff, those pansies hit each other wearing pads, they'd never cut in the WWE. It's real".

This guy actually believed that it is 100% real. That they don't use prop tables and chairs for dramatic effect. I couldn't believe it.

If you like the show, you enjoy the "sport" and the drama, so be it. No harm there. But to actually believe it is all real? Wow.

It reminded me of that youtube video of the 45 year old fan sitting in the stands at a small wrestling gig, crying saying "It's still real to me!"

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Almost all grown fans know it is scripted..some kids don't. That does not mean the wrestlers are not athletes or athletic. And because Brock did not make it in the NFL doesn't mean he's not an athlete. It just means what it means..he's not NFL worthy.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;4116613 said:
Almost all grown fans know it is scripted..some kids don't. That does not mean the wrestlers are not athletes or athletic. And because Brock did not make it in the NFL doesn't mean he's not an athlete. It just means what it means..he's not NFL worthy.

i never questioned them being athletes. But any grown up who honestly think that is a real sport, and that NFL players are pansies for wearing pads is just a fool.

It is so obvious that the tables are broken, in fact you can see the tape underneath the tables, so that they easily break. Same with the Tin-foil like trash cans that they smash on each other.

if you find it entertaining, thats fine. I have no problem with that. But to be dumb enough to think it is real?

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
My dad broke the news to me that it was fake when I was a 5th grader, when I always watched WCW. Broke my heart.

But to this day, I thank him haha. Lame entertainment.

SPHawk

Reaction score
DallasGirl50;4116613 said:

Way to put words in my mouth... I never said Brock isn't a athlete. I think he is an incredible athlete.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
SPHawk;4116760 said:
Way to put words in my mouth... I never said Brock isn't a athlete. I think he is an incredible athlete.

When I read your original post I actually thought you had left out the word not...because Brock did not make it in the NFL....my apologies.