WRIGHT&NGATA

1pick2

Reaction score
just read on nfldraftcountdown.com that rod wright & haloti ngata are staying in school.not what do we do for dt? anybody want to take a crack at this. :clubbed:

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Possibly the weakest position in the draft. Travis Johnson is probably #1 followed by Cody from USC and Hawthorne from Wisconsin. Not a top notch class by any means. It's entirely possible that all these guys will be available at #20. None of them excite me that high even.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Avery said:
Possibly the weakest position in the draft. Travis Johnson is probably #1 followed by Cody from USC and Hawthorne from Wisconsin. Not a top notch class by any means. It's entirely possible that all these guys will be available at #20. None of them excite me that high even.

I agree. Hopefully we can fill this void in FA. I'm hoping we can get Pat Williams.

1pick2

Reaction score
what about the big tackle out of seatle rocky bernhart or something #99 he is huge and one of the fa's available.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Rack said:
I agree. Hopefully we can fill this void in FA. I'm hoping we can get Pat Williams.

Yeah, if we want to go DT, FA will probably be the ticket even if it's for a stopgap.

I'm wondering when someone will see the glut of DT's in New England and start the 'Vince Wilfolk for #20' debate.

Maybe I just did.

nathanlt

Reaction score
That is the worst news, Dallas REALLY could have used Ngata at DT. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Champsheart

Reaction score
Rack said:

Pat Williams is the man I want as well, and it does not matter what front we run, he will be perfect.

I love those huge 350 pound lug nuts at DT.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
I hope we get Hawthorne at #19 ;) He was a pure animal last year, and played well this year. He can stop the run well, and definitely gets to the passer as a tackle. It would be a good pick.

lkelly

Reaction score
Avery said:
Are the Vikes or Rams winning the Super Bowl? :p

They don't have to. They just need to both win this weekend, or have one of them win next weekend.