Wright Blog - Wed. PM Update

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Its the Watson & Williams show!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday - January 25th, 2006
• 8:00pm The North practice report is now live. Sorry it took so long but I got into some conversations in the lounge and one of the people I spoke with was Jon Scott's father Ray, who is a real nice guy. That's all for today but be sure to check back tommorrow because even though some scouts are going home this coverage does not stop!

• 6:00pm Just got back from the press conference and while there isn't a lot to report here are a few nuggets. Jeff Fisher praised Gabe Watson again and called him "a load" and notes that Jay Cutler has taken well the Norm Chow's coaching. Mike Nolan compared DeAngelo Williams to a "low-profile sports car" and once again noted what a great team chemistry guy he is. Jay Cutler also took some questions and while he didn't really say anything of significance he came across as a real laid back kid with an "aw shucks" personality. Back to work on the North practice report.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
And everyone who has actually seen him play in games said "if by "load" he meant POS, we agree with him".

Jimmy Kennedy Jr.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm still hoping he slips to 2nd round pick 18. I want the lazy bum.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
And everyone who has actually seen him play in games said "if by "load" he meant POS, we agree with him".

Jimmy Kennedy Jr.

I've seen him play - dominant and disruptive.

Would make a formidable NT rotation with Fergi/ Major upgrade to Dline and make Spears, Canty that much better. You know more than Jeff Fisher? hahah

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Nors said:
I've seen him play - dominant and disruptive.

Would make a formidable NT rotation with Fergi/ Major upgrade to Dline and make Spears, Canty that much better. You know more than Jeff Fisher? hahah

:lmao2:

Typical. You jump on anything you hear and buy into it 100%. Your a human voice recorder. You obviously did not see him play this last year. If you did you would not be saying this. How many dominant and disruptive first round picks are 2nd string? He was benched for a reason. As Ozzie Newsome said today, "we would tend to put more weight in his performance at Michigan then what he has done at the Senior Bowl"

In other words, we know he's lazy and he's not going to fool us. Once this guy gets his pay day you will never see him again.

Just a suggestion Nors, for once why don't you sit down and evaluate tape of a player and come to your own conclusion. You say you watched him play. I'm interested in knowing what games or how many hours of footage you watched.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:

Typical. You jump on anything you hear and buy into it 100%. Your a human voice recorder. You obviously did not see him play this last year. If you did you would not be saying this. How many dominant and disruptive first round picks are 2nd string? He was benched for a reason. As Ozzie Newsome said today, "we would tend to put more weight in his performance at Michigan then what he has done at the Senior Bowl"

In other words, we know he's lazy and he's not going to fool us. Once this guy gets his pay day you will never see him again.

Just a suggestion Nors, for once why don't you sit down and evaluate tape of a player and come to your own conclusion. You say you watched him play. I'm interested in knowing what games or how many hours of footage you watched.

I don't have tape or time to watch every play. I saw 3 Michigan games late in season. He was disruptive and dominant. Deal with it.

He is dominating the best of best at Senior Bowl. Maybe your boy Carr should be fired!

Watson has how many career sacks and faces constant double teaming. Notice that?

He sucks bad - thats your take , thats fine.

SDogo

Reaction score
Nors said:
I don't have tape or time to watch every play. I saw 3 Michigan games late in season. He was disruptive and dominant. Deal with it.

He is dominating the best of best at Senior Bowl. Maybe your boy Carr should be fired!

Watson has how many career sacks and faces constant double teaming. Notice that?

He sucks bad - thats your take , thats fine.

:lmao2: What 3 games were those by the way?

Just trying to get the facts if you have them.

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
Like everyone else. I'm reading nothing but great stuff on Watson.

Yet, I have a buddy at work that is a die-hard Wolverine fan, and he said Watson was the biggest waste of talent. The kid is very talented and athletic, but took of plays and was a great dissapointment. He has all the tools to be a stud in the NFL, but it's up to him. And if you look back to his College days he just didn't perform like he should've.

He was highly recuirted coming from HS, but just didn't pan out.

Myself, I'd like to take him in the 2nd. But with all this postive news coming from the practices ... Might not last that late.

SDogo

Reaction score
Gabe Watson Last 3 games (4 if you include the bowl game)

vs Northwestern: 2 tackles, 1 assists, 0 hurries

vs Indiana: 2 tackels, 0 assists, 0 hurries

vs Ohio State: 1 tackle, 0 assists, 0 hurries

vs Nebraska: 4 tackles, 0 assists, 0 hurries

I know he's a NT and he's not going to be making plays all over the field but I want my guys a little more active then that and if those were his best 4 games then it leaves something to be desired.

He did not even rank in the top 15 among DL in the Big10 in any catagory.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
NCAA | Watson impresses Fisher
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:58:44 -0800

Neil Stratton, of Inside the League, reports Michigan DL Gabe Watson has impressed Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher this week. Fisher said Watson has been very impressive to the point where it's "almost as if we need to take him out to get some things done inside" offensively.:lmao2: Fisher also said, "He had a reputation as not being an every-down guy but he has not done that this week.":cool:

SDogo

Reaction score
Nors said:
NCAA | Watson impresses Fisher
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:58:44 -0800

Neil Stratton, of Inside the League, reports Michigan DL Gabe Watson has impressed Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher this week. Fisher said Watson has been very impressive to the point where it's "almost as if we need to take him out to get some things done inside" offensively.:lmao2: Fisher also said, "He had a reputation as not being an every-down guy but he has not done that this week.":cool:

Typical Gabe Watson fashion. He busted his *** to be a starter at Michigan. Once he was given the job he got lazy and was benched. Now that his rep is on the line again he decides it's time to work. Once he get's his payday you will never hear from him again until his contract year.

burmafrd

Reaction score
that is the worst thing about players like watson= NO MOTOR. NEVER pick one of them- they will always let you down.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Watson is like the dancer at the strip club who says she really likes you and that you're different than the other guys.

Don't fall for it.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Watson is like the dancer at the strip club who says she really likes you and that you're different than the other guys.

Don't fall for it.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Pros: Giant NT with the ability to both stuff the run and collapse a pocket, will give smaller guards and centers fits with his physical style of play and mean streak, demands atleast a double team on every play which frees up all the players around him to make plays, Perfect for the 3-4 with the likeness of players such as Casey Hampton, Sam Adams, and Ted Washington

Games are won in the trenches. Rotate this guy in there with Fergi and Spears, Canty, Ware are that much better!

Line up Lawson opposite Ware and duck offenses!

I'll be laughing (again) on draft day. Last year all you cooky guys were gaga with Howard and staying in 4-3. How'd that work out Junk?:lmao2:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I'd rather have Babatunde Oshinowo. Same size body. Great character. A man of faith. Smart. Got a degree in Electrical Engineering from Stanford. Grew up a Cowboys fans.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
I'd rather have Babatunde Oshinowo. Same size body. Great character. A man of faith. Smart. Got a degree in Electrical Engineering from Stanford. Grew up a Cowboys fans.

Oshinowo is a nice early Day 2 NT. Smallish for a 3-4 NT at 6-0 311. But worth a look in 3rd to 5th round range. I'd do that.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Parcells doesn't like big, fat 330 lbs, midsection looking like a freshly opened can of biscuits, defensive linemen anyway. Fergie could weigh over 330 lbs., easily. Parcells stays on Fergie to stay under 310. Preferably closer to 305.

Hiero

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Parcells doesn't like big, fat 330 lbs, midsection looking like a freshly opened can of biscuits, defensive linemen anyway. Fergie could weigh over 330 lbs., easily. Parcells stays on Fergie to stay under 310. Preferably closer to 305.
I dunno I have heard lately that oshinowo is more of a pass rusher, so he may be a pass rushing dt or a 3-4 de. I've heard scouts say that originally they thought of him as a 3-4 NT type, but maybe not anymore.
Anyways I am sure Parcells could get Watson to drop 15-20 lbs whatever he feels necessary.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
Pros: Giant NT with the ability to both stuff the run and collapse a pocket, will give smaller guards and centers fits with his physical style of play and mean streak, demands atleast a double team on every play which frees up all the players around him to make plays, Perfect for the 3-4 with the likeness of players such as Casey Hampton, Sam Adams, and Ted Washington

Games are won in the trenches. Rotate this guy in there with Fergi and Spears, Canty, Ware are that much better!

Line up Lawson opposite Ware and duck offenses!

I'll be laughing (again) on draft day. Last year all you cooky guys were gaga with Howard and staying in 4-3. How'd that work out Junk?:lmao2:

Why are you coming after me? Since I laughed at Roshi's comment?

Why don't you list the cons for Watson? He has a serious reputation as a slacker and he got benched his senior year. Those are red flags. You don't bench a dominant player.

I was preaching NT last year. Nice to see you got on board.

Some sort of 4 man line would have been better than what got trotted out there this year. The 3-4, ~20 million in SB, 2 first round picks and a second round pick got Dallas....like 3 more sacks and 2 more ints. Whoop de do. Wrong defense for the personel last year. I stick by that. The results aren't in line with the investment.

Howard for Dat? Hmm, how would that have turned out? How about Howard for Burnett? Seems like a good move to me still. Will you be laughing on draft day when Dallas doesn't draft the dozens of names you blindly throw out every year?

It'll be alright, maybe your patriots will be better next year. :lmao2: