WTH is wrong with the NFL?????

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Very few things get me this ticked off but what the NFL has done the last few weeks, leading up to the Super Bowl is just insane.

First, prior to the SUper Bowl the NFL made an announcment that Churches were not allowed to show the game at any fellowship functions. But they said it was ok to continue to show it in bars.

So for all the high and pius judgements the league lays on players who get in trouble they said they would rather have a bunch of drunks watching than people who were staying out of trouble and enjoying the game.

Then comes this bit of news. The NFL refused to run an ad on the Super Bowl for the Border Patrol agency looking for recruits saying that it was to controversial because it mentioned the words Fighting terrorism and drug enforcement.

This league is rapidly becoming a joke with some of the rules they have made on the field, now they are passing judgement on churches and Terrorism and drug enforcement.

I think it's absurd and not the kind of leadership this country needs in something as high profile as the NFL.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Looks like the US Department of Political Correctness sent them a secret memo...

I agree, it's crap but I know why they did it.

Bars sell a product. A product that is probably the biggest financial supporter of the NFL. Beer.

Churches by and large, teach against the frequent use of one of the NFL's biggest financial supporters. Beer.

It is also likely that they knew that if they banned churches from showing the game, then the bars would be full of Baptists watching the game... ;)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
trickblue;1377555 said:
Looks like the US Department of Political Correctness sent them a secret memo...

I agree, it's crap but I know why they did it.

Bars sell a product. A product that is probably the biggest financial supporter of the NFL. Beer.

Churches by and large, teach against the frequent use of one of the NFL's biggest financial supporters. Beer.

It is also likely that they knew that if they banned churches from showing the game, then the bars would be full of Baptists watching the game... ;)

I are one of those and I agree completely. :laugh1:

joseephuss

Reaction score
Churches or any other groups could probably show the game if they took collections that sent money to the NFL.

Disney does the kind of crap, too. I used to subsitute teach during my breaks from college. The schools would show Disney movies after school while the kids waited for their buses or parents to pick them up. Kind of keep their minds occupied and keep them from getting restless. That ended when Disney sent a nasty letter about it. I heard this has happend across the country.