Wvu Loses Coach!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hate to see him go but if he is going to lie with a straight face like he did than so be it.

I am hoping we get someone like Jimbo Fisher as a replacement.

I just hate the idea that we will probably get someone that is not a top coach or candidate.

I also hate the idea of knowing we may have to start over and be a woeful team for some time like Marshall has become.

At least we have better players right now compared to Marshall once they got their new coach.

Although I did hear that Marshall just landed a top notch LB recruit and they currently have a pretty impressive young TE.

They lose a good RB in Bradshaw, I wonder if the cowboys take a look at him in the draft.

On a side note, you are starting to sound like HeavyHitta31, you know more interested in the hate of another team instead of love for your own.

Too bad people like marshall but hate WVU or vice versa...I like both teams and it pains me when both lose.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
This is a terrible move for Rodriguez as far as recruiting goes.

He had a niche market at WVU, the only "Northern" team running the spread. He could keep some of the Ohio/PA talent that didn't fit other schemes as well as draw a few players north. At Alabama, he's going to be competing for recruits with the other Southern spreads like the variation that Meyer runs.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
West Virginia ought to be on the phone with Navy's Paul Johnson as soon as possible.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StanleySpadowski;1217090 said:
This is a terrible move for Rodriguez as far as recruiting goes.

He had a niche market at WVU, the only "Northern" team running the spread. He could keep some of the Ohio/PA talent that didn't fit other schemes as well as draw a few players north. At Alabama, he's going to be competing for recruits with the other Southern spreads like the variation that Meyer runs.

Although he got a great deal of talent from the North, as you pointed out, he also recruits in florida.

One of the main reason they, the Big East, brought in USF, was to have more ties in the south for recruiting. Many were talking about bringing in a team like Marshall originally.

Also have to remember he never got the top recruits anyways bet did manage to find some good diamonds in the rough.

The thing I think that may not be in his best interest is that Alabama, unlike WVU, has more active boosters that have gotten the school in probation trouble and also the idea that they are less willing to wait on some coaches to get things right compared to a school like WVU.

But with all of that said, even though he was playing the lying game with the media and his own players, it would be hard to turn down an offer to coach at Alabama when you consider they will pay him Twice as much as WVU.

One other thing of note, for the last few years he has tried to get WVU to upgrade the facilities (locker rooms, weight rooms and a few other areas). WVU has told him they would but nothing was ever done. Just a week ago they announced they were making the upgrades and it was seen as something to do only to keep the Coach.
It is too bad they did not do it before it got to this point. It only helps in recruits when they see a great facility.

Oh well like I said I like the idea of Jimbo Fisher (LSU OC under Saban and Miles). He grew up in WV, not far from WVU, went to college in a smaller WV school (Salem).

The navy Coach might be a good option, he seems to do well with limited amount of players he can get.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Taps-n-1;1217407 said:
I wonder if WVU has had any thoughts on Mike "The Pirate" Leach?

Have heard no official list of possible canididates.

Just speculation on some other message boards.

Some of those speculations may have merrit (like Jimbo and a couple of other names) due to them being born, raised or have played at WVU so there is that connection.