WVU/Marshall

Reaction score
Looks like the governor of WV forced the sanctimonious scumbags in Morgantown to play a series with "little brother" institution, Marshall.

Seems like the holier than thous are upset that they actually have to play as many as three out of seven games at the Herd's stadium.

Boo freakin hoo WVU fans. :tantrum:

WVU :pee:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ManicDepressiveMan said:
Looks like the governor of WV forced the sanctimonious scumbags in Morgantown to play a series with "little brother" institution, Marshall.

Seems like the holier than thous are upset that they actually have to play as many as three out of seven games at the Herd's stadium.

Boo freakin hoo WVU fans. :tantrum:

WVU :pee:

With all the troubles our state has....it is a shame they have to spend government time on this issue.

I like both teams so I would like to see both play on a regular basis, just wish our state government would spend their time a little better.

BTW...heard that Nehlen just got elected into the College Football HOF.

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
With all the troubles our state has....it is a shame they have to spend government time on this issue.

I like both teams so I would like to see both play on a regular basis, just wish our state government would spend their time a little better.

BTW...heard that Nehlen just got elected into the College Football HOF.

I don't think Manchin spent much goverment time on the issue.

He got them together, banged their heads together, and said we are going to get this done one way or another.

It is just too bad that WVU thinks they are so much better than Marshall that they shouldn't have to go to Huntington to play.

Yet for some reason they willingly go to Navy and Cincy where they have lesser stadiums than what the Herd has.

I think it was about time that a strong governor made these two programs play.

The exact same thing happened between Auburn and Alabama and that has turned out quite nicely.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ManicDepressiveMan said:
I don't think Manchin spent much goverment time on the issue.

He got them together, banged their heads together, and said we are going to get this done one way or another.

It is just too bad that WVU thinks they are so much better than Marshall that they shouldn't have to go to Huntington to play.

Yet for some reason they willingly go to Navy and Cincy where they have lesser stadiums than what the Herd has.

I think it was about time that a strong governor made these two programs play.

The exact same thing happened between Auburn and Alabama and that has turned out quite nicely.

Sadly I think the next few years may be boring games as both schools may have some down years.

If Marshall can not get a QB that can either stay healthy (unlike Hill) or has more then a wet noodle for an arm (unlike Goathead) then they will be hurting.

I am curious to see how the new RB does that WVU got and also to see if JR House actually winds up being the QB.

With that still...no need for the governor to get involved IMO.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Dear Marshall,
Welcome to CUSA

Best regards,
DeAngelo
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v316/Yeagermeister/dwilliams1.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
Dear Marshall,
Welcome to CUSA

Best regards,
DeAngelo
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v316/Yeagermeister/dwilliams1.jpg

I think marshall was stupid for going to CUSA...I actually think they would have been better off staying in the MAC.
I think the MAC has steadily become a pretty good conference, sure it is not among the big boys but still some good teams.

I really wanted them to get an offer to the Big East but the Big East went with a smaller florida school so they could keep up on recruiting.

However the big east did get Cincy and Louisville.

BTW as a side note....when Marshall came from divison II and joined the mac....the won the MAC title their first year and went to a bowl game that year.

They are not as good as they were now as they have lost some good QBs and WRs and it will be interesting to see how they will do since their HC retired.

But I think you will enjoy getting to watch them, and I will get to watch that RB you like as well.