WVU vs Texas Tech Sweet 16...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Should be a good game

One team beat a 3 seed in the bracket (TT beat Gonzaga) the other beat a 2 seed (WVU beat Wake Forest) to get to the sweet sixteen.

One team is a 6 seed (TT) the other a 7 seed (WVU)

Both are well coached, disciplined and play with heart.

Should be a good game to watch Thursday.

That WVU game vs Wake Forest had me on the edge of my seat, one second I was cheering the next second I was cussing, but after two OTs they finally beat Wake Forest.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I am looking forward to this game... I love it when the smaller schools upset the hoop giants in the tourney... this is shaping up to be a good year in that respect...

WVU is VERY talented... and T-Tech is a very disciplined fundamentally sound team... I didn't do a bracket this year because of time constraints (I won three of them I was in last year :D )...

This will be a game of coaching moves... I imagine Knight will attempt to slow this game down to a snails-pace defensively... and lots of traps and back-door stuff on the offensive side... ala the Pete Carril coached Princeton teams of a few years back...

John Beilein is a fantastic coach in his own right... there will definitely be mutual respect in this match-up... a great chess match...

I give the advantage to the Red Raiders but wouldn't be surprised in WVU wins... should be a good game... and no one wants to play either of these teams next round...

I love March Madness...

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was a great game, and up and down chess match...both teams gave it their all and WVU prevailed by a small margin.

Now they really have their work cut out for them vs Louisville....if they can hit those 3 point shots they have a good chance....but sad to say I think it will be a tough win for them and I kind of look for louisville to win.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
It was a great game, and up and down chess match...both teams gave it their all and WVU prevailed by a small margin.

Now they really have their work cut out for them vs Louisville....if they can hit those 3 point shots they have a good chance....but sad to say I think it will be a tough win for them and I kind of look for louisville to win.

That was a great game... and this has been a great tourney... WV almost pulled off another great victory this weekend... I was pullin' for them...

Good stuff in this year's brackets...

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
That was a great game... and this has been a great tourney... WV almost pulled off another great victory this weekend... I was pullin' for them...

Good stuff in this year's brackets...

Yep...they, IMO, out played their talent this year and have nothing to be ashamed of with how it finished.

This was a team that was on the bubble to even get into the tournament and then went to the big east championship game and to the elite 8....they, and their fans, should be proud of them.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Bah, that game sucked:)

LOL. Just kidding.

WVU is a great shot making club and ultimately had to much for Tech.

I had Louisville to the Final 4 so needed that one. I'll win one bracket if Illinois wins the title but in the big contest I am only 5th ut of 62 and can't move up passed 4th as 3 teams above me have Illinois winning it all.

Deron Williams of Illinois is a local kid from The Colony, Texas.