WWE Night of Champions

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who you got?

No. Matches Stipulations
1 Brock Lesnar (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. John Cena Singles match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
2 Sheamus (c) vs. Cesaro Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
3 Dolph Ziggler (c) (with R-Ziggler) vs. The Miz (with Damien Mizdow) Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
4 Paige (c) vs. AJ Lee vs. Nikki Bella Triple threat match for the WWE Divas Championship
5 Mark Henry vs. Rusev (with Lana) Singles match
6 The Usos (Jimmy and Jey Uso) (c) vs. Gold and Stardust Tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
7 Chris Jericho vs. Randy Orton Singles match
8 Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins Singles match

• (c) – refers to the champion(s) heading into the match
220px-NightofChampions14_poster.jpg

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Lesner - like it or not part time champ until WM
2. Cesaro - someone is losing their belt likely be here
3. Ziggler - ready for The Miz' stupid moneymaker angle to be over
4. Paige - does anyone really care? also Brie makes an appearance probably costing Nikki
5. Rusev - the undefeated streak continues
6. Rhodes Brothers - how uninspiring is the tag team division?
7. Orton - time for a Jerico break just hope it's not permanent
8. Reigns - believe that, also Dean The Lunatic Fringe Ambrose returns

I'm reading The Big Show vs Bray Wyatt match could be a last minute add and put me down for Wyatt winning.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Wonder what's going to happen now that Reigns had to undergo emergency surgery for an incarcerated hernia? Some people think Dean Ambrose will take his place...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Who you got?

No. Matches Stipulations
1 Brock Lesnar (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. John Cena Singles match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
2 Sheamus (c) vs. Cesaro Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
3 Dolph Ziggler (c) (with R-Ziggler) vs. The Miz (with Damien Mizdow) Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
4 Paige (c) vs. AJ Lee vs. Nikki Bella Triple threat match for the WWE Divas Championship
5 Mark Henry vs. Rusev (with Lana) Singles match
6 The Usos (Jimmy and Jey Uso) (c) vs. Gold and Stardust Tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
7 Chris Jericho vs. Randy Orton Singles match
8 Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins Singles match

• (c) – refers to the champion(s) heading into the match
220px-NightofChampions14_poster.jpg

Lesnar is only getting this push because the Undertaker got hurt during their WM match, allowing Brock to end the streak. If the Undertaker had not gotten hurt, he would have won that match and then probably retired with a 22-0 record. So now that Lesnar ended the streak, they have to make him an unstoppable beast, even squashing the face of the company, Cena, like it was nothing......this way it validates Brock ending the Undertaker's streak and gives respect to the Undertaker. So with that being said, the Lesnar push should last for about a year or so.

Lesnar vs Cena - Lesnar wins via DQ. Cena puts a pretty good beat down on Lesnar, but goes overboard, and gets disqualified, mostly thanks to interference from Heyman.
Cesaro vs Shaemus - Shaemus
Ziggler vs Miz - Miz
Paige vs AJ vs Brie - AJ
Henry vs Rusev - Rusev
Usos vs Rhodes - Rhodes
Jericho vs Orton - Orton
Reigns vs Rollins - Ambrose subs for Reigns, Ambrose wins via DQ

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roman Reigns undergoes emergency surgery
BY ZACH LINDER AND BRIAN PELLEGATTO
September 20, 2014

NASHVILLE, Tenn. WWE.com has learned that Roman Reigns has undergone emergency surgery for an incarcerated hernia. Reigns had been in Nashville to promote tomorrow's Night of Champions pay-per-view, and will now be unable to compete against Seth Rollins at the event.

WWE.com has spoken with WWE physican Dr. Chris Amann to get the latest.

"I was in contact with both Roman and the surgeon who performed the operation in Nashville today. Roman had developed acute abdominal pain in his hotel room last night after his match," Dr. Amann told WWE.com. "This wasn't related to a specific injury that occurred in the ring. Roman has had a pre-existing hernia for some time, which unfortunately had become acutely painful, which led to him going to the emergency room in Nashville. He was found to have a large hernia that was unable to be reduced, which means pushed back into the abdominal cavity. As a result, it was necessary to perform an emergent operation to open up the hernia sac and try and push it back into the abdominal cavity."

"At the time of the surgery, surgeons found a loop of small intestine was caught in the hernia sac, which would account for the pain and discomfort that Roman was having earlier in the evening," Dr. Amann explained. "The surgeons released the hernia sac so the intestine could be pushed back into the abdominal cavity. Once they were satisfied blood supply had returned to the intestine after releasing the hernia, they went ahead and completed the procedure. A mesh was placed over where the hernia had occurred to prevent future occurrences."

Read more: http://www.wwe.com/shows/nightofchampions/2014/roman-reigns-breaking-news-26669136

20140920_LIGHT_HOMEPAGE_Roman_Reigns.jpg

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Too bad for him. I suppose there is no way this surgery is not true right?

CashMan

Reaction score

I think, there goes the push for him, being champ. And I doubt he will be having any fun, with any females for a while.

Phoenix

Reaction score

Yeah, it's real. Unfortunate.

Watched the PPV today and found it somewhat interesting. They at least let Cena give a decent showing, even winning by DQ actually. I almost thought that they were also going to let Rollins actually cash in and become a short time champion. Stay tuned I guess.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, it's real. Unfortunate.

Watched the PPV today and found it somewhat interesting. They at least let Cena give a decent showing, even winning by DQ actually. I almost thought that they were also going to let Rollins actually cash in and become a short time champion. Stay tuned I guess.

I'm not watching again till you guys tell me that Sting guy is on! And Brock is gone! :p

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
awesome I was correct on almost every match.......I was right about the DQ in the title match and Lesnar keeping the belt, just wrong about who would get the loss.

also, Ambrose was never actually in the match, as it was a simply a brawl. but had it been a match, Ambrose would have won via DQ, since the Authority got involved.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been meaning to keep back into this thread. Football pushes rasslin' so far down the priority list now I barely keep up. Things that surprised me:

The IC belt is offically worthless to me. Every month it changes hands and did again on Raw after just 24 hours. Give me a break.

The Rhodes winning the belts again is completely uninspiring. More fast forwarding when I watch recorded Raw tomorrow. The Wyatt's deserved them more. Extremely disappointed in the tag division now. Should have kept The Shield together.

Good to see Ambrose returned as rumored. The Diva's belt - well who cares?

Jericho leaving will hurt. Lots of big names gone the last few months. Jericho, RVD, Del Rio, Sin Cara, Barrett hurt, Bryant, now Reigns......Guys who just disappeared like Kofi, Big E, Santino (retired), Darren Young, Broddus Clay fired, Tensei retired, Rey Mysterio, Ryback, Fandango and a bunch of no names. Right now it's dark times with awful storylines and terrible usage of talent and I'm glad we have football.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Unfortunately it appears ( I haven't watched RAW yet) that once again their World Heavyweight Champion was not on the show. That just never makes sense to me.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Isn't Gold Dust like a billion years old? He was around when I used to watch this stuff in like the mid 90s.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn't Gold Dust like a billion years old? He was around when I used to watch this stuff in like the mid 90s.

Actually he is only 45 (born on April 11, 1969) and his debut was in 1988 before joining the WWF in 1990.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Unfortunately it appears ( I haven't watched RAW yet) that once again their World Heavyweight Champion was not on the show. That just never makes sense to me.

I guess my question is who would you put the belt on? Lesnar has the belt for one reason, and that is right now, he's their best heel, meaning expect a big Wrestlemania match with him and barring another set back, Roman Reigns. The vast majority of times, the WWE, does not do baby face vs baby face matches as the main event at Wrestlemania, so Cena holding the belt till Wrestlemania isn't a good decision. Randy Orton, just had the belt, prior to losing to Bryan, so that wouldn't work either. Everyone else, is either to unproven to headline a major event (Bray Wyatt, Rusev), too old (Kane, Triple H, Big Show) or are simply not over enough to be taken serioulsy as Champion (Sheamus, Cesaro, the Miz).

Now if you want to argue that WWE got themselves into this mess, by not developing younger stars and relying too heavily on the Golden Goose (John Cena) and also creating a situation where CM Punk would rather retire than work, then fine, I'll concede that. But right now, Brock Lesnar is the only heel that is capable of putting a guy like Reins over enough, that when he's champ, he can in turn put over a Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I guess my question is who would you put the belt on? Lesnar has the belt for one reason, and that is right now, he's their best heel, meaning expect a big Wrestlemania match with him and barring another set back, Roman Reigns. The vast majority of times, the WWE, does not do baby face vs baby face matches as the main event at Wrestlemania, so Cena holding the belt till Wrestlemania isn't a good decision. Randy Orton, just had the belt, prior to losing to Bryan, so that wouldn't work either. Everyone else, is either to unproven to headline a major event (Bray Wyatt, Rusev), too old (Kane, Triple H, Big Show) or are simply not over enough to be taken serioulsy as Champion (Sheamus, Cesaro, the Miz).

Now if you want to argue that WWE got themselves into this mess, by not developing younger stars and relying too heavily on the Golden Goose (John Cena) and also creating a situation where CM Punk would rather retire than work, then fine, I'll concede that. But right now, Brock Lesnar is the only heel that is capable of putting a guy like Reins over enough, that when he's champ, he can in turn put over a Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt.

Oh don't get me wrong. I have no problem with Brock being the champion. I just would like to see the champion show up more regularly. I do believe he should be there the night after a PPV. That's just how I see it. But I have no issue with Brock being champion. I'm a fan of Brock. I said a number of weeks ago that I heard and believed that the idea was for Brock to hold the belt till Mania and then have Rollins beat him for it.

I'm almost certain that Reigns is going to win the Royal Rumble in order to get that shot.

The only thing I don't agree with here is that Bray Wyatt couldn't be the heel champion. If they hadn't buried him in favor of Cena, especially a few weeks ago, Bray would be by far the most over heel in the business right now. He would be an amazing heel champion. They're doing all they can to ruin that now though.

And them running CM Punk out and going with way to much Cena is all the WWE's fault. There is nothing to argue there really.