Twitter: WWE sends Micah a DROY belt

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love Micah… but all these accolades and attention is starting to concern me a bit

He needs a coach like Parcells to ride him and not let his head get to big lol

I can just hear Bill say: “Put away the anointing oil”.

bill-parcells.jpg

Parcels understood that the only way to get the most out of a players talent was to make sure his head could fit in the helmut. So much praise and attention is heaped on Cowboy players, they think they are celebrities , and thats a big enough win.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Parcels understood that the only way to get the most out of a players talent was to make sure his head could fit in the helmut. So much praise and attention is heaped on Cowboy players, they think they are celebrities , and thats a big enough win.
Different time, players now get endorsements like they are candy. Bck in the 90s you had to be a special player to get endorsements and usualy a champion.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Different time, players now get endorsements like they are candy. Bck in the 90s you had to be a special player to get endorsements and usualy a champion.

And being part of the biggest ticket in sports is a huge part if not the primary part of their popularity. If Dak Prescott is the Qb of the Miami Dolphins, he's not getting all those endorsements and jersey sales. Yet, our brain trust has yet to figure out how to monetize that into free agent signings.

Motorola

Reaction score
Well it is the off season, why not a little rasslin? A few players used to rassle full time in the off season....Leo Nomellini, Wahoo McDaneil, Don Manoukian.
Also Ernie Ladd - "The Big Cat" and Steve McMichael- "Mongo" - and Ron Simmons.
Don't for the numerous other former NFL players who did "cameo" appearances at the big wrestling events.

RaZon

Reaction score
Also Ernie Ladd - "The Big Cat" and Steve McMichael- "Mongo" - and Ron Simmons.
Don't for the numerous other former NFL players who did "cameo" appearances at the big wrestling events.

Hell Ernie Ladd is actually bigger as a rassler than he was as a football player. Was thinking McMichael came to rasslin' after the football, hmmm? Simmons never did play pro ball because of a knee, yep....bummer.

Check this out all these guys were x West Texas State football players.

Tully Blanchard QB
Tito Santana
Dusty Rhodes
Ted DiBiase
Manny "Ragin' Bull" Fernandez
Dory Funk Jr
Terry Funk
Bruiser Brody
Blackjack Mulligan
Stan "Lariat" Hansen

I have no idea the why behind that.

Motorola

Reaction score
Hell Ernie Ladd is actually bigger as a rassler than he was as a football player. Was thinking McMichael came to rasslin' after the football, hmmm? Simmons never did play pro ball because of a knee, yep....bummer.

Check this out all these guys were x West Texas State football players.

Tully Blanchard QB
Tito Santana
Dusty Rhodes
Ted DiBiase
Manny "Ragin' Bull" Fernandez
Dory Funk Jr
Terry Funk
Bruiser Brody
Blackjack Mulligan
Stan "Lariat" Hansen

I have no idea the why behind that.
WOW. Someone needs to make a documentary about that.
'RaZon' - that list to me brings back watching pro wrestling in Texas during the late 1960s through the mid 1970s.
Living in San Antonio from 5th grade to HS graduation (Highlands '76)....
my friends, classmates, church members watched "rasslin" - and its bijillion leagues + titles -
and argued about who was the best, what guy got jobbed in a match, etc.
The Funk family was the pro wrestling equivalent of the NFL Mannings.
The "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes - Texas born & bred; top 5 favorite all-time.

RaZon

Reaction score
WOW. Someone needs to make a documentary about that.
'RaZon' - that list to me brings back watching pro wrestling in Texas during the late 1960s through the mid 1970s.
Living in San Antonio from 5th grade to HS graduation (Highlands '76)....
my friends, classmates, church members watched "rasslin" - and its bijillion leagues + titles -
and argued about who was the best, what guy got jobbed in a match, etc.
The Funk family was the pro wrestling equivalent of the NFL Mannings.
The "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes - Texas born & bred; top 5 favorite all-time.

Dangerous Danny McShane, Bull Curry, Pepper Gomez, Guerrero clan, little too early?

Dusty Rhodes the best example of how far mic skills can take you. Nobody sold an angle like he could.

Little story....

One of the bad cats in the rasslin' biz back in the day was Fritz Von Erich the German meanie. I knew about him because of the magazines only, never saw him perform living in Cali.

So I grow up join the Navy kinda get away from the rasslin' join here comes cable TV and we are now getting all these station one had World Class Championship Wrestling out of Houston. The promotor Fritz Von Erich......huh??? So here is this German meanie......with a Texas accent....hahahahaha!!!!!!! Never forget how shocked I was, hell an x SMU football player.

There was a good time with the Von Erich bros, Freebirds, Chris Adams, Gino Hernandez, Stunning Steve Austin, etc.

Need a book the history of Texas Pro Wrestling.

jrumann59

Reaction score
And being part of the biggest ticket in sports is a huge part if not the primary part of their popularity. If Dak Prescott is the Qb of the Miami Dolphins, he's not getting all those endorsements and jersey sales. Yet, our brain trust has yet to figure out how to monetize that into free agent signings.

Unfortunately blame the collective bargaining agreement. Yes there can be a wink or nod agreement in place but if it ever leaks they would be in for a world of hurt.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unfortunately blame the collective bargaining agreement. Yes there can be a wink or nod agreement in place but if it ever leaks they would be in for a world of hurt.

Well of course. But its not hard for the player and his agent to figure out that they're going to have way more exposure as a Dallas Cowboy. Yet, that consideration is never factored into contracts. Its like Jerry just allows the agents to ignore the obvious and negotiate a contract the same way he would if we were the Miami Dolphins.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
No one does sports entertainment better than the Jones boys