Xavier Cooper

reddyuta

Reaction score
he is a unpopular name for the first rd,if he aces the combine then i think he may climb up the charts quickly. and may be a 1st rd candidate too.I like him more than Bennett at 3 tech.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he is a unpopular name for the first rd,if he aces the combine then i think he may climb up the charts quickly. and may be a 1st rd candidate too.I like him more than Bennett at 3 tech.
I just drafted him in the 3rd round of the CZ Kiper Invitational.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just drafted him in the 3rd round of the CZ Kiper Invitational.

Yeah, I don't see him anywhere close to being a 1st rounder.

And I would greatly question the Cowboys spending a first round pick on another DT UNLESS they represented a good value.

And at this point Bennett's not a good value at #27 and Cooper sure as heck isn't.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I could see him climbing into the late first. Has quickness and ability to penetrate from the DT spot. Those kinda guys usually dont last too long.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys don't seem to pay as much attention to combine numbers when it comes to where they should be drafted.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
there seems to be some consensus out there that he will test well and rise, i think he is a solid 3rd rounder who may get into round 2

waving monkey

Reaction score
i think he is a 2nd rder already,we will see how he does in the combine but i love how he knifes through the oline.

I think Cooper has a lot of qualities that Marinellie likes .As said lets see how he looks this weekend

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
i think he is a 2nd rder already,we will see how he does in the combine but i love how he knifes through the oline.

That's where I am on him. Good player now, will get better as he gets stronger, and would make for a nice second rounder.

RS12

Reaction score
Tony Pauline said the scouts like him alot, has above average quickness and is scheme diverse meaning he could likey side to SDE occasionally.

Gaede

Reaction score
Like Cooper a lot. Actually reminds me of Crawford

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Even if one thinks he's a 3rd, better plan on using a 2nd. We're at the back of the round. He might be early 3rd, but not 27th in the 3rd.

I agree with the OP somewhat. I think he'll move up in first half of RD2 and if we think he fits what we want to do, take him at 27. I could see Green Bay or New England liking him a lot, so trading back probably won't work out well.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Even if one thinks he's a 3rd, better plan on using a 2nd. We're at the back of the round. He might be early 3rd, but not 27th in the 3rd.

I agree with the OP somewhat. I think he'll move up in first half of RD2 and if we think he fits what we want to do, take him at 27. I could see Green Bay or New England liking him a lot, so trading back probably won't work out well.

Am with you on this strategy but would anticipate with glee the howls from the "it.s too early" crowd

RS12

Reaction score
I think only a QB would be unpopular early, anybody else that upgraded the roster is fine. I would be fine with a QB that was the franchise guy for 10 years but that doesnt seem apparent in this draft. As for Cooper he seems to be a nice fit.

CowboysLaw87

Reaction score
Last edited:

reddyuta

Reaction score
This. The guy looks like a Crawford clone. Now, does that represent value at #27 overall? Need to see who else is there, but he would sure help. Potential LDE who slides inside to rush in the nickel.

Watch this... you'd probably take this guy in the top 10-15 if just watching this game:

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/xavier-cooper-vs-oregon-2014/

he looks unblockable one on one but i think oregon were missing some starters on that oline but still impressive quickness.