Xavier Rhodes at FS?

tm1119

Reaction score
Now Ill be honest, I haven't seen a ton of Rhodes in actual game footage so I could be a little off on this...

But if we are looking for a FS upgrade why not Rhodes? He's got elite size for the secondary (6'2 215) and is also a great athlete. His coverage skills as a FS would be unquestioned and every scouting report I've read describe him as a physical CB. So the only question is if Rhodes is a good enough open field tackler to play the safety position. I see a lot of Antrel Rolle in him as a S prospect in the NFL. Anybody else kick this idea around?

lostar2009

Reaction score
I dunno... I watch a few FSU games and he didn't impress.. I would rather grab a pure safety prospect in this draft than to do a conversion.

Macnalty

Reaction score
tm1119;4972053 said:
Now Ill be honest, I haven't seen a ton of Rhodes in actual game footage so I could be a little off on this...

But if we are looking for a FS upgrade why not Rhodes? He's got elite size for the secondary (6'2 215) and is also a great athlete. His coverage skills as a FS would be unquestioned and every scouting report I've read describe him as a physical CB. So the only question is if Rhodes is a good enough open field tackler to play the safety position. I see a lot of Antrel Rolle in him as a S prospect in the NFL. Anybody else kick this idea around?

Word is zone coverage is not his best trait, he also needs help with sure tackling, his effort is fantastic. He tackles well but for what we need he has to be better. He will get some interceptions and if he can improve his zone/tackling skills we will have a keeper.