Video: Xavier Woods was a captain for the Cardinals game

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He said it's impossible for defenders to go 100% for 70 plays. But tbh it sounded more like a realistic observation than a personal belief for justifying going half speed. But that was my take. More like what you acknowledge among other NFL players, not something you mention to the fans or the media.
Yeah those comments were blown out of proportion. Effort is not a issue of Woods. I took it the same way you did.

Creeper

Reaction score
They need a Panthers draft. Spend every pick on that side of the ball.

I agree but they know where they need help, or they should. The need a DT who commands double teams some of the time, and a safety who can cover, and also come up and make plays in the running game. It is amazing to me how many years they have gone without fixing the safety spots. The Joneses seem to be stubborn about it too, thinking they can fix the position with late round picks.

catiii

Reaction score
Some of the comments in here by the usual suspects excusing the behavior and throwing it back on "bad fans" is totally ridiculous..

catiii

Reaction score
oh right i remember that now i blew it off, i knew what he meant.

its like everyone piling on JSmith on that Hopkins play that he had no shot of every catching Hop, and hop beat his CB not Smith thats not smiths guy and so he only went half speed behind the play..so Now in two angles on threads here Jsmith is made fun of for not going full sprint to never catch up anyway.. what the friggin heck do fans expect , you make fun of guy who plays im guessing 90% of the defensive snaps and you expect him to hit the after burners to chase a Fast WR in full stride way head of you and about ZERO chance to catch him but exert unnecessary energy chasing the play?

this is what woods meant, sometimes you dont run full speed on all 70 plays that you are on the field for for reason beyond your control..it happens..

Fans are the issue around here , expectation are far and away out of control..
Seriously? Stephen? :facepalm:

catiii

Reaction score
Why wait! Why not start benching some now. If you cant do the job, give another player a chance.
Haven't you heard? "It's the fans around here that are the problem." (Not my quote.) This forum gets more incredible every day with some of the silly things said.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Woods sucks. Worst player on a historically bad defense. But he is captain. Only in Dallas.

Cmac

Reaction score
McLaurin will probably have a 2 TD game today.

Rayman70

Reaction score
X WOODS AND MM IS A FRAUD. You just can't make him a captain on the heels of his effort comments. culture is a big issue.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
When everyone can be a captain we really don't have any. Maybe it can be done with a group of boys but with a group of men, leadership is not something that can be assigned from week to week. MM is doing it wrong.