XBOX Hard To Find & What's Better???

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
XBOX is sold out all over San Antonio, nobody can keep them in stock for more than a few hours. Does anyone know what's going on???

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I didn't mention others like game cube because I'm only contemplating buying one of these 2. I prefer XBOX when playing football because it seems you can scramble better.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
ELDudearino said:
XBOX is sold out all over San Antonio, nobody can keep them in stock for more than a few hours. Does anyone know what's going on???

You can find better things to do with your time... I need a shed built... ;)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually, I was looking into them myself awhile back. Basically everybody said the XBox has better graphics and if you're into that, then that's the way to go. PS2 has more games, but that it's just as good, but isn't as graphically pleasing as the XBOX. For me, I'm kind of a geek, so I'm getting PS2 only because I got hooked on jeopardy on PS2. They cost basically the same, so it was a toss up as to which one was better. Oh and one other thing, just try buying it online from somewhere and having it sent to you.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I have always loved the PS controller, and grew up with Madden on Playstation. Just what I know and love,

I have attempted to get used to XBOX, but PS is what I know, has the games I like, etc.

Others swear the XBOX is superior, and PS2 is antiquated and useless. Others also swear Linux is the best OS ever, and MS Windows is evil. I have never had any problems with Windows, and I know how to use it. So I keep going.

If you aren't used to either system, go with whichever has the best games that you feel will work for you. You will be pleased eitherway.

(Oh wait - XBOX Live costs money. Screw that noise.)

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Just save your money on the ps2 because the ps3 will be coming out soon...

HipHop

Benched
Reaction score
This is all you need:

2600-6.jpg

trickblue

Reaction score
JokerJokerDeuce said:
This is all you need:

2600-6.jpg

I was the KING of the great 2600 console... although I HAVE lost the mullet since those days... :D

Good times...

HipHop

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I was the KING of the great 2600 console... although I HAVE lost the mullet since those days... :D

Good times...

So many great games and so many great memories.

Pitfall....Adventure.....Combat.....Grand Prix......

I couldn't even begin to name them all.

~getting misty eyed~

trickblue

Reaction score
JokerJokerDeuce said:
So many great games and so many great memories.

Pitfall....Adventure.....Combat.....Grand Prix......

I couldn't even begin to name them all.

~getting misty eyed~

I loved Pitfall... all the activision games were pretty good... when Mattel starting making sports games (especially baseball) the 2600 got alot better...

Atari jumped the shark with their version of Pac Man...

Duane

Reaction score
I really love my XBOX. However, I think the next gen consoles will be out later in the year. So you might want to hold out until then before purchasing.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Go with PS2 or wait for the PS3.

Microsofts tech support for the XBox bites.

I got my son an XBox for Christmas in 2003 when they were fairly new and $300. Graphics were awesome and the system was fast. Two months later it wasn't working anymore. I called their tech support, got charged for tech support, and they said they didn't know what was wrong with it after about 30 mins on the phone and suggested that my son broke it somehow and voided the warranty. And the store I bought it from had a 30 day return policy and wouldn't take it back cuz it was over that time. So, I was out $300 dollars and my son had to go back to his original PSone.

They have since found out that the problem is caused by a faulty part inside the unit... BUT.... Microsoft won't replace my son's unit cuz it is over a year old now. I just got him a PS2 on Saturday (price has dropped to under 150.00) when I got my new big screen TV and he loves it. He says it works great and isn't as flaky as the XBox was.

Sad thing is that I researched the multiple units when I was shopping that Christmas and spoke to a Microsoft rep in person. He had me sold on the processor power, graphics and expandability.. I even bought the extras.. steering, DVD converter, etc...

So... Microsoft cost me over $500.00 in two months for product, expansions and tech support on a unit that lasted 60 days.

Stay away from Microsoft toys... they are going by way of their OS'... quirky, expensive and full of headaches

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm thinking even though the PS3's are about to come out, I'd wait before buying it until all the bugs have been worked out. As is what happened with CP's XBOX. In the meantime, I might just go ahead and get the PS2, just because it is 150.00 and should be able to play whatever games I might be interested in.

HipHop

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I loved Pitfall... all the activision games were pretty good... when Mattel starting making sports games (especially baseball) the 2600 got alot better...

Atari jumped the shark with their version of Pac Man...

Pitfall was great.

My all time favorite was 'Adventure'....

Do you remember that one?