Xbox makes weird fuzzy lines

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What could this mean?

When I restart they will go away but after a period of time they sometimes pop back up again.

http://img33.*************/img33/3324/dscf0088gh.jpg

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
You're in the matrix?

Try checking the power and video cables for any grounding issues, but there's not too much to be done or checked really. Try it on a different TV, and if it's still there then you know it's probably an internal problem which means a trip to Microsoft.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
TheCount;3169336 said:
You're in the matrix?

Try checking the power and video cables for any grounding issues, but there's not too much to be done or checked really. Try it on a different TV, and if it's still there then you know it's probably an internal problem which means a trip to Microsoft.

Thats how described it to some people I knew too.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
that looks like a connection issue to me when it happens try moving the A/V cords or HDMI cord see if that changes it at all...

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
I got that exact same thing when i tried running my component through a low-quality component switcher. Is there anything sitting inbetween your xbox and your tv?

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
looks bad cables

consider purchasing upgrade

really cheap HDMI cables are a possible problem

could also be cheap splitter/switch - if you are going through a cable box, vcr, switch, etc go directly from XBOX to TV don't use any loops.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DIAF;3169420 said:
I got that exact same thing when i tried running my component through a low-quality component switcher. Is there anything sitting inbetween your xbox and your tv?

I have a cable box that is plugged into the wall but not the television.

It randomly does it but not very often.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;3169452 said:
looks bad cables

consider purchasing upgrade

really cheap HDMI cables are a possible problem

could also be cheap splitter/switch - if you are going through a cable box, vcr, switch, etc go directly from XBOX to TV don't use any loops.

I bought some cheapies of ebay but they seemed fine up until now.

It wouldn't surprise me if that is it but I let someone use my component cables.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
"Cheap" HDMI cables are not the problem. If it is your cable, it's because its defective, not cheap. All HDMI cables are the same. It's a piece of wire that carries 1s and 0s. There is no difference between the 5-dollar HDMI you buy on monoprice.com and the 60-dollar one they try to upsell you on at Best Buy. None. Nada. Zero.

So your cable box does this, you say? As well as your xbox? That tells me you have a problem with the TV itself, or as someone else suggested a grounding issue.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DIAF;3169587 said:
"Cheap" HDMI cables are not the problem. If it is your cable, it's because its defective, not cheap. All HDMI cables are the same. It's a piece of wire that carries 1s and 0s. There is no difference between the 5-dollar HDMI you buy on monoprice.com and the 60-dollar one they try to upsell you on at Best Buy. None. Nada. Zero.

So your cable box does this, you say? As well as your xbox? That tells me you have a problem with the TV itself, or as someone else suggested a grounding issue.

No my TV doesn't do it without the Xbox on.

The cable box is setting under my TV but it is not plugged into the TV. Just the power cord is plugged into the wall because im to lazy to take it out.

I have my direct cable going to the TV.

My Xbox is connected with an hdmi cable.

My Xbox did get the red ring of death not to long ago. E74 was the error code.

My friend fixed it now every once in awhile the screen will get likes that.

95% of the time, so far, it will be normal and it has never made a "matrix picture" during game play.

But some screens on Madden and when I pop in a DVD have caused it to go Matrix style.

When it did it today I did a quick restart and it went back to normal.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DIAF;3169587 said:

PREACH!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
CATCH17;3169602 said:
No my TV doesn't do it without the Xbox on.

The cable box is setting under my TV but it is not plugged into the TV. Just the power cord is plugged into the wall because im to lazy to take it out.

I have my direct cable going to the TV.

My Xbox is connected with an hdmi cable.

My Xbox did get the red ring of death not to long ago. E74 was the error code.

My friend fixed it now every once in awhile the screen will get likes that.

95% of the time, so far, it will be normal and it has never made a "matrix picture" during game play.

But some screens on Madden and when I pop in a DVD have caused it to go Matrix style.

When it did it today I did a quick restart and it went back to normal.

That certainly jumps out at me. If it was still under warranty, having your friend fix it was a mistake.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3169924 said:
That certainly jumps out at me. If it was still under warranty, having your friend fix it was a mistake.

It wasn't. I bought it off Ebay. That was my mistake lol.

But its running good again and I haven't had any problems except for 1 little episode after he fixed it.

After I bought all the tools and stuff it might've cost me 20 bucks.