XBox Problem

Reaction score
Ok guys so within the last month or so my XBox has been freezing pretty much every day and it's really pissing me off. Anyone else have this problem?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I don't have an xbox but have you tried a cleaning disk? Or cleaning with a q-tip and some kind of alcohol based cleaner? Sounds like a dirty drive or one going out.

Reaction score
speedkilz88;4635272 said:
I don't have an xbox but have you tried a cleaning disk? Or cleaning with a q-tip and some kind of alcohol based cleaner? Sounds like a dirty drive or one going out.

No, but I'll try it.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Take a can of compressed air and clean out the vents and disk drive. If that doesn't work you might consider disassembling it and cleaning it manually.

How old is it? It may just be going out on you.

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4635282 said:
Take a can of compressed air and clean out the vents and disk drive. If that doesn't work you might consider disassembling it and cleaning it manually.

How old is it? It may just be going out on you.

I got it in 2010.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Yeah, a can of compressed air to the vents is a bad idea. You're just going to blow the dust around inside and not really get any of it out.

Make sure the console has plenty of room for ventilation.

Boys122

Reaction score
Take it out back, and shoot it, then buy yourself a PS3.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4635341 said:
Yeah, a can of compressed air to the vents is a bad idea. You're just going to blow the dust around inside and not really get any of it out.

Make sure the console has plenty of room for ventilation.

Works for my PS3 everytime. I've been using compressed air on it about once a month for almost six years and it runs like the day I took it out of the box, and it's also much quieter than most. Most people's XBoxs and Playstations are loud as hell because they get hot so quickly due to poor ventilation.

The only thing you have to be careful about is how you're holding the can, it has to be upright or it will blow the coolant into the system.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Boys122;4635347 said:

In my experience Sony products are far more durable in general than Microsoft. I've had a Playstation, PS2 and PS3 and none have ever broken. 16 years later I can still play my original Playstation. I don't know anyone who has an original XBox from 2001 that works, and most 360 users I know are on at least their second.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4635263 said:
Ok guys so within the last month or so my XBox has been freezing pretty much every day and it's really pissing me off. Anyone else have this problem?

What game? Or is it multiple games?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Boys122;4635347 said:

:laugh1: Funny. My son and I blow the dust off our PS3 every few weeks or so. We NEVER play it. We are however playing our Xboxes far to much.

Reaction score
Boys122;4635347 said:

:lmao:

I actually have the original PS3, but haven't played it in forever. If my Xbox keeps freezing then I'll start playing PS3 again.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RastaRocket;4635292 said:
Red ring of death is on it's way to an xbox near you.

This.

I luv my Xbox, but they run hotter than an oven on Thanksgiving.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Boys122;4635347 said:

Nahh.. gotta pump up some Geto Boyz and do it the right way.

5143180652_3f23fe8d95.jpg

StevenOtero

Reaction score
The Xbox 360 Slim is a great re-design. It always takes Microsoft more than one try to get anything right.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4635652 said:
The Xbox 360 Slim is a great re-design. It always takes Microsoft more than one try to get anything right.

I have the slim design with kinect. Haven't had any problems whatsoever, but I do keep mine free of dust.