Xbox...

VirusX

Reaction score
Ive been a PS2 user for a few years now and my ps2 is finally starting to go out. Read errors and what not. Ive fixed the wheel several times now. Ive been looking at the Xbox I like the features except for the xbox live monthly payment BS. So I was wondering if anyone wanted to toss me some feed back..

I like all kinda games just not ones that require 40 different keys to play. You know the asain controls (no disrespect intended) but some of those games have 900 combos and 4 different keys to jump etc...

How are the titles on XBOX? I know I atleast want Halo and Halo 2

Thanks for the info in advance.

LatinG187

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
If your planning on getting another console then for sure u gotta get a Xbox.It's got just as many great games if not more than the ps2,plus the Xbox versions look alot better.Also a HUGE plus in my opinion is this year EA Sports has finally gone to Xbox Live.Xbox is better tyhan the ps2 in just about every category there is.The only thing I wish I had a ps2 for is GrandTheftAuto:San Andreas,but I'm sure it'll make it's way to the Xbox eventually.

Well there are my two cents :D .

(P.S. I love your sig ;) )

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Unless you want it now I'd wait - PS3 is set to come out in the summer of 2005 with the new XBox (Sorry, don't know the name) due to be released later.

I only play sports games with my XBox, while it is nice I have to wonder if I spent $300 wisely on a system I play sparingly...

VirusX

Reaction score
Dont think I want to wait a year and see the date pushed back on it hehe.

I was looking at MOD Chips aswell lol interesting...

VirusX

Reaction score
What are some nice titles?

Halo / Halo2

ESPN

Madden

?????

?????

?????

Im up for anything that doesnt involve 100 key combos lol

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I have to disagree with going the Xbox route. I've owned both and PS2 is better. More games of every type and PS2 looks better with tighter game play.

I currently own Xbox and a PS1 and my PS2 was stolen. I too am waiting for PS3.

Halo or Halo2 (when it comes out) can be played on the PC.

Kchunda

Reaction score
viman96 said:
I have to disagree with going the Xbox route. I've owned both and PS2 is better. More games of every type and PS2 looks better with tighter game play.

I went the Xbox route and I love it - played Madden 2003 - 05 and now online (but have not played a whole lot online)

Just make sure that it you go get the xbox ($140 or so new) DON'T get a refurbished one - I did that at first (from gamestop) and it crashed on me all the time due to the CD reader being crap.

Other than that, I play GTA III, Vice City, Madden, and my girlfriend plays some Atari 2600 throwback game on the system.

hope that helps!

VirusX

Reaction score
Ya im getting the NEW Xbox. Just trying to find some games to get.

Halo and True Crime : LA are what im thinking. I have GTA and VC for PS2

ill get GTA : SA when it comes out too.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
GTaylor said:
Unless you want it now I'd wait - PS3 is set to come out in the summer of 2005 with the new XBox (Sorry, don't know the name) due to be released later.

I only play sports games with my XBox, while it is nice I have to wonder if I spent $300 wisely on a system I play sparingly...
Not a true statement. They will be released at the same time and if any one comes out first it will probably be the Xbox Next.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
viman96 said:

Another misnomer. When games are released on both systems the Xbox systems always have superior everything because the hardware is superior in everyway. Now if you want more games I will go with the PS2 but there is a caveat. Out of the multitude of games that are found on the PS2 large quantities are pure trash.

LatinG187

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
VirusX said:
Ya im getting the NEW Xbox. Just trying to find some games to get.

Halo and True Crime : LA are what im thinking. I have GTA and VC for PS2

ill get GTA : SA when it comes out too.

True Crime in my eyes was a big disappoinment.If you're a fan of racing games you might wanna check out Project Gotham Racing 2 and Rallisport Challenge 2.Both of those games aere great.

BadKarma

Reaction score
I have both - go with the Xbox. Compare the same games side by side and you'll see that the XBox graphics is better. Plus, the Xbox comes with a built-in hard drive...only downside is the controller is rather bulky for my taste.

The PS2 has an enormous amount of titles but most are nowhere near the quality we've come to expect these days.

xboxlogo.jpg

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Not a true statement. They will be released at the same time and if any one comes out first it will probably be the Xbox Next.

Take the story for what it's worth, could be a telling point or just hot air.

http://news.com.com/Amazon+lists+PlayStation+3/2100-1043_3-5322215.html?tag=nefd.pop

Amazon lists PlayStation 3

And the winner is--the Sony PlayStation.

While game console makers are still jockeying to beat each other to market with next-generation models, Sony achieved a dubious distinction recently by grabbing the first major retail notice for its upcoming machine.

The Japanese unit of online retail giant Amazon has posted a product page for the PlayStation 3, more than a year ahead of the console's expected debut.

The page has no photos or links for placing advance orders and appears to offer no significant new details on the console, expected to go on sale in late 2005 at the earliest. But that didn't stop several visitors from posting five-star reviews of the gadget.

Sony has slowly trickled out details on the PlayStation 3 over the past year, confirming that the console will use the high-powered "Cell" processor--jointly developed by Sony, Toshiba and IBM--and Sony's next-generation Blu-ray DVD technology.

Sony executive have also set broad target dates for the console, saying they'll have more details at a Japanese trade event in March and demonstration units at the E3 trade show in May. The company has yet to set a release date or price, however, nor to confirm details such as expected multimedia capabilities.

Rival console makers Microsoft and Nintendo are also working on next-generation consoles and hope to beat Sony to market. Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer recently told CNET News.com that the company is hard at work on the next version of the Xbox, which he said he expects will outsell the PlayStation 3. Nintendo executives have made similar promises for their next console, code-named "Revolution."

Retailers have long tapped into the exuberance of hardcore gamers by taking orders for new hardware and games well in advance of their release. The Amazon PS3 page may set a record, however, for anticipatory retail zeal, rivaled only by an eBay auction offering supposedly exclusive details on how to get a pre-release version of the PS3.