XM Satelite Radio Who Has It?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The suegro gave it to us last year for x-mas but we never installed it. Now I'm going over the road and was just wondering if I should use it or get Sirius???

I did take a look on line and noticed it has 50 more channels than Sirius but no NFL....

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
ELDudearino;1471539 said:
The suegro gave it to us last year for x-mas but we never installed it. Now I'm going over the road and was just wondering if I should use it or get Sirius???

I did take a look on line and noticed it has 50 more channels than Sirius but no NFL....

I have Sirius because of the NFL. The NFL Radio network on it is very good, and makes for good commuting listening year-round.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1471679 said:
Aren't they merging?

They want to, but may not be allowed to due to anti-trust regulations.

It's in the hands of the bureaucrats and judges right now.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Danny White;1471750 said:
They want to, but may not be allowed to due to anti-trust regulations.

It's in the hands of the bureaucrats and judges right now.

If I had more than a 10 or 15 min commute I'd get sat radio but it's not worth it.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I have sirius.

They broadcast NFL games and will have the entire NFL draft over the air as well.

I listen to a lot of raw dog comedy channel as well as classic vinyl and the shade 45 channel.

Sirius is good stuff.

In the morning instead of d-rate comedy from Dunham and Gordo I can listen to actual comedic genius like Lewis Black or Mitch Hedberg. And when a commercial hits I can switch and listen to mike and mike on espnradio.

I believe they will actually merge; though it may be termed differently for legal reasons.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1471784 said:
If I had more than a 10 or 15 min commute I'd get sat radio but it's not worth it.

yea my commute is 45 mins to an hour and it flies by with sat radio.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I have XM in one truck and Sirius in another. Both have good programming but I like XM better. Much more polished presentations and diverse programming.

NFL is a big boon on Sirius though. Either is good...

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
My wife got me XM for Christmas last year. I was kind of skeptical at first, but it came in very useful while I was commuting in NY (only mixed stations), but now my commute is only 10 minutes so I don't use it as much. I'd switch to Sirius but I don't have a problem getting Mavs or Cowboys games on the radio (or TV for that matter) anymore.

I was excited at first by the XM-Sirius merger, but Congress will most likely nix it, which is ********. Why would they jack up prices when people have so many other choices? AM/FM radio, CD players, MP3 players, etc.