Y.E. Yang

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
peplaw06;2887494 said:
That guy was nails today. Tiger was disappointing.

Tiger's putter failed him the last 2 rounds big time. Couldn't make a damn thing. Y.E. played lights out, was fun to watch.
Y.E. has beaten Tiger twice now when both were in the final group.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Didn't Yang miss an opportunity on a putt in the 2nd to last hole? I just woke up from a nap to see the last hole. I know I saw him shank a few shots earlier in the round -- it's not like he played "lights out" this last round. Tiger just played like absolute crap (or "relative" crap).

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
theogt;2887502 said:
Didn't Yang miss an opportunity on a putt in the 2nd to last hole? I just woke up from a nap to see the last hole. I know I saw him shank a few shots earlier in the round -- it's not like he played "lights out" this last round. Tiger just played like absolute crap (or "relative" crap).

The guy tied the lowest round of the day, 2 under, didn't wilt under the pressure of having a one shot lead in front of Tiger Woods, stuck a 3 IRON HYBRID within 8 feet on the 72nd hole to pretty much seal the tourney, and never made a mistake that killed him the whole day. He played lights out. IDK your definition of lights out but my gawd, that was a helluva round.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ajk23az;2887519 said:
The guy tied the lowest round of the day, 2 under, didn't wilt under the pressure of having a one shot lead in front of Tiger Woods, stuck a 3 IRON HYBRID within 8 feet on the 72nd hole to pretty much seal the tourney, and never made a mistake that killed him the whole day. He played lights out. IDK your definition of lights out but my gawd, that was a helluva round.
That's true, I guess -- they were saying conditions were very rough today, so relative to the field he played well. But like I said I was napping for most of it and just saw (or heard about) him screwing up several times during the last round, so I didn't understand the hype around his performance.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
theogt;2887523 said:
That's true, I guess -- they were saying conditions were very rough today, so relative to the field he played well. But like I said I was napping for most of it and just saw (or heard about) him screwing up several times during the last round, so I didn't understand the hype around his performance.
Yeah he had a few hiccups... namely three putting on the 17th. But Tiger couldn't take advantage.

But the eagle chip on 14 and the 2nd shot on 18 were pretty spectacular.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
theogt;2887523 said:

I live a few hours west of the course. It was cold and windy all day in the part of the country. It's supposed to get down into the mid 40's tonight.

And ya, he tore the heart out of the championship with maybe one of the best golf shots on 18 in major history, and that's not hyperbole.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
In golf, whoever finishes with the lowest number of strokes wins, ... so to that Yang played well over 4 days.

But Tiger shot a 3 over on Sunday. Not like him.

Nobody beats Tiger but Tiger, ... when he is "ON", you lose and he wins. It's as simple as that.

Yang played well, but Tiger was not Tiger.