Yahoo: Jerry would Hire Quinn as HC

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Well this is good for not looking over a shoulder and trust :rolleyes:. What could go wrong

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cowboys-jerry-jones-says-no-010024195.html

MOBILE, Ala. — Mike McCarthy will coach the Dallas Cowboys in 2022.

But Dallas’ defensive coordinator could also thrive in the team’s top role, Jerry Jones says. Does Jones consider Dan Quinn a potential future head coach for the Cowboys?

"He’s certainly qualified," Jones said Wednesday from the hallway behind his stadium suite overlooking Senior Bowl practices. "He’s very qualified. Yes, I would consider. If I didn’t have a coach, I would have been interviewing him for coach."

"The facts are nobody worked harder to keep Dan here than Mike," Jones said. "That was the plan. That was the plan. Pure and simple. I’ve seen some people say, 'Well, what was the rationale behind that?' The rationale was that was a highly competitive way. I wanted them to be thinking that they were talking to a guy who could be head coach of the Cowboys.

"I wanted the aura to be friendly to Dan staying and turning down head coaching jobs. That’s my logic and I put my logic with anybody’s."

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Wade Phillips is laughing his big ol’ booty off right about now.

RS12

Reaction score
Well sure. Quinn answered Jerry's most important question correctly when screening potential HC hires. Jerry: If you win will you give me credit? Quinn: Of course. Jerry: Congrats you are officially warming up in the bullpen Dan.

cowboybish

Reaction score
It's not on par with the Jimmy quote that caused Jimmy to quit after the second SB but this is exactly the kind of gibberish that gets him in trouble. As Ralph Kramden would say "I've got a big mouth" You youngins won't get it but here it is on youtube.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Jerry is just shooting the breeze and speculating about Quinn's chances as a head coach.
But Jerry may does or doesn't understand that no matter how he phrases it, by even addressing the issue of Quinn being a good candidate and even a good candidate for the Cowboys, his words are going to be twisted to make it seem as if he's ready to elevate Quinn if McCarthy falls flat next season.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Well this is good for not looking over a shoulder and trust :rolleyes:. What could go wrong

But Dallas’ defensive coordinator could also thrive in the team’s top role, Jerry Jones says. Does Jones consider Dan Quinn a potential future head coach for the Cowboys?

"He’s certainly qualified," Jones said Wednesday from the hallway behind his stadium suite overlooking Senior Bowl practices. "He’s very qualified. Yes, I would consider. If I didn’t have a coach, I would have been interviewing him for coach."

"The facts are nobody worked harder to keep Dan here than Mike," Jones said. "That was the plan. That was the plan. Pure and simple. I’ve seen some people say, 'Well, what was the rationale behind that?' The rationale was that was a highly competitive way. I wanted them to be thinking that they were talking to a guy who could be head coach of the Cowboys.

"I wanted the aura to be friendly to Dan staying and turning down head coaching jobs. That’s my logic and I put my logic with anybody’s."

HE'S BEEN HERE ONE YEAR AND WE'RE READY TO MAKE HIM COACH, LET'S SEE HOW SEASON 2 GOES

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
What could possibly go wrong. The 2021 season isn't even over yet and our owner is already pretty much neutering our coach going into the 2022 season.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Jerry Jones’ typical life long meddling and wrecking chemistry . He’s the worst GM in NFL history , not in picking players but managing a coaching staff.

tunahelper

Reaction score
It is clear to me Jerry Jones will never learn to shutup and allow football people room to operate. His death grip has built the Dallas brand while diminishing its Glory.
In his early days as the owner, Jerry could speak with passion about running Dallas. Even though he still had no business then and especially now meddling into football operations. Jerry used to deliver speeches with forceful rhetoric. It was almost like he was going to will the necessary changes.
These days Jerry is shell of his once salesman personality. His voice is weak even though it is striving to peddle the false narrative that he is a football man. Great organizations have to be made up many great people that sacrifice for the common goal. Football requires someone that the men can look at for direction on the field. These men need someone they know will position them towards winning when all seems lost.
How can our great team have that sort of leader when Jerry looms nearby? No coach is that good!
Jimmy was not that good. He fought Jerry tooth and nail over him entering the locker room.
Why?
Perception of control amongst the players. I am on a long rant, but it is the only explanation for the demise of our beloved franchise. In order for Dallas to regain its crown Jerry has to let go.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
" I want him to be head coach , thats why i signed him as Defensive Coordinator ."

What a logic !

Cmac

Reaction score
.......what about QB Whisperer? What's going on?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Isnt it a possibility that Jerry gave Quinn: More Money, the chance to work and develop a defense with a top talent (Micah) and a chance at the HC position if MM fails in 2022.

Its a win/win (provided the defense makes further strides in 2022) as if Quinn steps up we keep some measure of familiarity on one side of the ball and he can focus on the declining Offense.