Yahoo Mock Draft

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
This is a very different draft and it certainly flies in the face of everything I've read. Three QB's in the top 10? The absence of Cooper is a head-scratcher as well. I listed to Gil Brandt on Sirius NFL radio the other day and he does not view Russ Lande as having much credibility. One caller asked if Brandt felt that NFL scouts were deliberately feeding media types mis-information and he laughed and said "absolutely". This year's draft is a huge crap-shoot and nobody knows anything for certain.

garyv

Reaction score
has Jonathan Cooper not in the first round WOW

Tejano15

Reaction score
garyv;5045044 said:
has Jonathan Cooper not in the first round WOW

That won't happen. I don't see us taking Vaccaro over Richardson or Cooper. You can't pass over trenches top 10 talent to go Safety.

garyv

Reaction score
I contacted Russ Lande about this and here was his replyto me:

I like J. Cooper a lot, but history shows that safeties and guards generally slide on draft day, which is why he did not end up in the most recent mock draft.

Russ Lande
GM Jr Scouting
Montreal Alouettes - Director of College Scouting
Scouting Director for National Football Post
The Big Ten Network

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheRomoSexual;5045064 said:
Honestly, he make a decent point.

He makes a HALF point to the point of making a WHOLE butt in his draft.

In other words. Players can slip...but Cooper is not going to slide all the way out of the first round UNLESS there is something like an unknown medical issue, legal issue or drug issue.

DFWJC

Reaction score
garyv;5045060 said:
I contacted Russ Lande about this and here was his replyto me:

I like J. Cooper a lot, but history shows that safeties and guards generally slide on draft day, which is why he did not end up in the most recent mock draft.

Russ Lande
GM Jr Scouting
Montreal Alouettes - Director of College Scouting
Scouting Director for National Football Post
The Big Ten Network
Wow.

I had assumed it was an oversight.
Occassionally, Lande comes up with some decent insight. Other times, he is further off that anyone could dream...and it shows up how off he is on draft day on certain projections.

I noticed that he has Tavon going 6th. That's the highest I've ever seen. Would love to see it, because it takes that topic off of the table real early. :)

He also has Dee Milliner going 17th.

BY FAR the craziest pick though, is Sanders Cummings going in the 1st round. He maybe have missed that one by a full 3-4 rounds.

Have to hand it to him; he's not to afraid to go where no man has gone before.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;5045065 said:
He makes a HALF point to the point of making a WHOLE butt in his draft.

In other words. Players can slip...but Cooper is not going to slide all the way out of the first round UNLESS there is something like an unknown medical issue, legal issue or drug issue.

I don't think either will fall out of the first, but it is possible that one falls further than most expect.