Yahoo Nascar Fantasy League

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3250663 said:
Should we assume, that the reason this is in the Off-topic Zone, is because you don't consider it a sport?

:muttley:

:popcorn:

Last year I put the thread there and no one saw it.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Shuttemdown41;3256152 said:
How do you play?

You pick the drivers you think are going to run the best for that week for your lineup but you can only use a driver for 9 races (I think). Everyone can use the same drivers so you have to pick the right combination to score the most points.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Shuttemdown41;3256152 said:
How do you play?
It's kind of fun. There are 3 categories of drivers, A, B, and C. Each week you have 2 A drivers. 1 of them is your starter. You have 4 B drivers. 2 are your starters. You have 2 C drivers. 1 is your starter. You get qualifying points for all 8 of your drivers. But when they race only your starters get points.

So let's say you have Jimmy Johnson and Jeff Gordon as your A drivers, and you start Jeff Gordon. If Gordon and Johnson both qualify in the top 5 you will get points. But in the race you only would get points for Gordon.

You can only use each driver 9 times throughout the year. So strategy there plays a big part. Knowing how the drivers did the previous years can give you an idea of how they perform on that racetrack.

If your driver doesn't finish the race or has a bad day you can drop like a stone.

I was skeptical when I first heard about it, but it is kind of cool.