Yahoo News: T.O. gets award from Alzheimer’s Association

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Sorry if repost.

T.O. gets award from Alzheimer’s Association

Mar 25, 10:45 am EDT

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—Terrell Owens has a pretty good reason for missing the start of the Bills’ voluntary offseason conditioning program this week.

The star receiver is in Washington, D.C., attending the sixth annual National Alzheimer’s Gala. He’ll receive the Alzheimer’s Association’s first Young Champions Award on Wednesday night for raising awareness in the fight against the disease. Owens’ grandmother has Alzheimer’s.

Among the others being honored are French President Nicolas Sarkozy, Democratic Sen. Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia and his wife, Sharon Percy Rockefeller.

Owens, who signed with the Bills on March 7, made headlines Monday when he was one of several players who didn’t show up for the start of the team’s 12-week voluntary workout program.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I like that he does charity work for this. No matter what anyone thinks of him as a drama guy, or whatever, at least the only real off the field, away from football, things you ever hear about him are for charities and such instead of being one of those idiots whose out there being involved in strip club shootings, drug busts, murders, or whatever.

Good job TO.

icyhot

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2704304 said:
I like that he does charity work for this. No matter what anyone thinks of him as a drama guy, or whatever, at least the only real off the field, away from football, things you ever hear about him are for charities and such instead of being one of those idiots whose out there being involved in strip club shootings, drug busts, murders, or whatever.

Good job TO.
I agree with that. However this will be a very short thread,beacause it isnothing negative haha.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2704304 said:

Good job TO.

Co-sign.
:hammer:

jimmy40

Reaction score
CowboyMike;2704073 said:
Sorry if repost.

T.O. gets award from Alzheimer’s Association

Mar 25, 10:45 am EDT

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—Terrell Owens has a pretty good reason for missing the start of the Bills’ voluntary offseason conditioning program this week.

The star receiver is in Washington, D.C., attending the sixth annual National Alzheimer’s Gala. He’ll receive the Alzheimer’s Association’s first Young Champions Award on Wednesday night for raising awareness in the fight against the disease. Owens’ grandmother has Alzheimer’s.

Among the others being honored are French President Nicolas Sarkozy, Democratic Sen. Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia and his wife, Sharon Percy Rockefeller.

Owens, who signed with the Bills on March 7, made headlines Monday when he was one of several players who didn’t show up for the start of the team’s 12-week voluntary workout program.

Hopefully they don't throw it to him.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
it's being reported that upon receiving the award, Owens threw his grandmother under the bus.

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
Rampage;2705053 said:
it's being reported that upon receiving the award, Owens threw his grandmother under the bus.

You bash him; however he was the most prolici receiver in Cowboys history>

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
sbuscha;2705178 said:

:confused:

No offense, but, you might be in the category of what TO is trying to help?

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
sbuscha;2705178 said:

No, I think the most prolific reciever in Cowboys history owns 3 rings.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
You can say what you want about "TO", but away from football he is every bit, Terrell Owens. And I applaud him for maintaining that separation ad-mist all the fame and infamy he's received in his football career. As is seen with countless others, it's not the easiest of tasks within this profession.