Yahoo: Post Free Agency Mock

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/2023-nfl-mock-draft-post-120035670.html

26. Dallas Cowboys: TE Darnell Washington, Georgia

1b992f42105bea038b82c09eac68e13b

USA Today Sports
There were a handful of choices here for the Cowboys, including USC WR Jordan Addison. His testing was poor, but he feels like one of those players who no one will remember why he fell once he gets into the league. But here, after conducting a one-off offseason where Dallas actually got better instead of treading water, they’ve allowed themselves to swing for the fences. The Georgia TE would’ve been used more if he wasn’t on a roster with the best TE prospect of the last 20+ years. Washington’s athleticism and size means he is the ultimate mismatch; capable of being stout as a blocker and dominant versus both linebackers and safeties on routes. – K.D. Drummond, Cowboys Wire

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I think I would take Kancey in this situation.
Yeah I can see that too. I like the idea of a playmaking TE but think we may have enough there and DL is greater need IMHO

baltcowboy

Reaction score

USA Today Sports
There were a handful of choices here for the Cowboys, including USC WR Jordan Addison. His testing was poor, but he feels like one of those players who no one will remember why he fell once he gets into the league. But here, after conducting a one-off offseason where Dallas actually got better instead of treading water, they’ve allowed themselves to swing for the fences. The Georgia TE would’ve been used more if he wasn’t on a roster with the best TE prospect of the last 20+ years. Washington’s athleticism and size means he is the ultimate mismatch; capable of being stout as a blocker and dominant versus both linebackers and safeties on routes. – K.D. Drummond, Cowboys Wire
That other Georgia tight end is better Pitts?

Acceptablename

Reaction score
If we took Washington in the first the next two pics should also be for the offense(Guard and running back) IMO

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

USA Today Sports
I would not be against Washington at 26.............I mean, there are usually only 18-20 first round grades so at pick 26 you are picking players off your board with 2nd round grades.

T-RO

Reaction score
I Like the player, but would hate-hate-hate that pick.

Darnell Washington has 45 completions in his entire college career. He's very raw and a bit awkward. And there are four other very compelling tight ends! Everyone has different opinions on their rankings.

You trade down... or use a 2nd round, even third round pick to grab your tight end.

Kincaid, Mayer, Washington, Musgrave, Laporta...all very talented with different benefits. Don't fall in love with one, esp. one who's production was so limited.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
Been doing quite a few mock drafts with the simulators this weekend and have been repeatedly been able to score Musgrave, Laporta or Washington in 45-70 range. Have been able to trade down to 30 and still snag a Kincaid or Mayer.

One of the 5 almost always falls into a good slot.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well your history of player opinions is extremely poor. So they should shy away from whomever Kancey is.
LOL.

Says the guy who probably has been more wrong on this board than any other poster.

John813

Reaction score
Rather take Kancey or McDonald.

I get the upside with Washington, but I rather roll the dice on LaPorta at 58 and take a DL than a TE in the first.

Proof

Reaction score
I Like the player, but would hate-hate-hate that pick.

Darnell Washington has 45 completions in his entire college career. He's very raw and a bit awkward. And there are four other very compelling tight ends! Everyone has different opinions on their rankings.

You trade down... or use a 2nd round, even third round pick to grab your tight end.

Kincaid, Mayer, Washington, Musgrave, Laporta...all very talented with different benefits. Don't fall in love with one, esp. one who's production was so limited.
think the appeal is his blocking ability (and red zone dynamic). he can be a mauler on the line while ferguson is the pass catching option. Anything he gives you or develops offensively is the cherry on top