Yahoo problems

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I have not been able to access my YahooMail account or any yahoo links off the main page for the past two days. My wife can access her YahooMail on another computer but when I tried I got the same error message on my browser that the page could not displayed, etc. I've cleared my cookies, my temporary internet files, have rebooted the computer, tried IE and Firefox, and run a virus scan but nothing seems to help. I'm running Vista. Anyone have any idea what's going on? I can't even access their help page or any associated pages to find out the relevant contact information.

I appreciate the help.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Sasquatch;2451613 said:
I have not been able to access my YahooMail account or any yahoo links off the main page for the past two days. My wife can access her YahooMail on another computer but when I tried I got the same error message on my browser that the page could not displayed, etc. I've cleared my cookies, my temporary internet files, have rebooted the computer, tried IE and Firefox, and run a virus scan but nothing seems to help. I'm running Vista. Anyone have any idea what's going on? I can't even access their help page or any associated pages to find out the relevant contact information.

I appreciate the help.

Try unplugging your cable modem for a minute or so. It will get a new ip address lease from your isp. If you have a router reset it also.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2451649 said:
Try unplugging your cable modem for a minute or so. It will get a new ip address lease from your isp. If you have a router reset it also.

Appreciate the help, but I don't think that's the issue. I use Clearwire and unplug it each time I finish using the computer. This has been going on since yesterday morning.

Any other suggestions?

The message I receive when trying to access any yahoo link off the main page (whether I'm logged in or not) is:

Firefox can't find the server at us.mc522.mail.yahoo.com.

This applies to their help page, fantasy football page, but not news subcategories, news stories, etc. I'm most interested in access the help/account page, obviously.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Sasquatch;2451654 said:
Appreciate the help, but I don't think that's the issue. I use Clearwire and unplug it each time I finish using the computer. This has been going on since yesterday morning.

Any other suggestions?

The message I receive when trying to access any yahoo link off the main page (whether I'm logged in or not) is:

Firefox can't find the server at us.mc522.mail.yahoo.com.

This applies to their help page, fantasy football page, but not news subcategories, news stories, etc. I'm most interested in access the help/account page, obviously.

I have problems with firefox as well. I can't get to my hotmail account. Well, I can get to it but can't open the mail. I can in IE though. Plus, I can't click on some of the links on some pages as well. Kinda odd.

Been having problems with Forefox "Not responding" as well.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2451710 said:
I have problems with firefox as well. I can't get to my hotmail account. Well, I can get to it but can't open the mail. I can in IE though. Plus, I can't click on some of the links on some pages as well. Kinda odd.

Been having problems with Forefox "Not responding" as well.

My problem isn't browser specific, unfortunately.

My wife can't access her Yahoo account from my computer but can from her computer. I can't access mine from either computer.

Very irritating.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Sasquatch;2451720 said:
My problem isn't browser specific, unfortunately.

My wife can't access her Yahoo account from my computer but can from her computer. I can't access mine from either computer.

Very irritating.

Your not using a different browser on another PC?

using firefox on both?

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2451731 said:
Your not using a different browser on another PC?

using firefox on both?

Using IE and Firefox on mine. IE on hers.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2451752 said:
Can you access it on IE on yours?

Negative. I can't access mine on either machine. She can access hers on her laptop but not mine.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Sasquatch;2451759 said:
Negative. I can't access mine on either machine. She can access hers on her laptop but not mine.

Man that is strange.

I think it's because you are a liberal.

Change your evil ways and all will be fine. :p:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Sasquatch;2451613 said:
I have not been able to access my YahooMail account or any yahoo links off the main page for the past two days. My wife can access her YahooMail on another computer but when I tried I got the same error message on my browser that the page could not displayed, etc. I've cleared my cookies, my temporary internet files, have rebooted the computer, tried IE and Firefox, and run a virus scan but nothing seems to help. I'm running Vista. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Dubya is pissed at you, and has sabotaged your PC... :D

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2451774 said:
Man that is strange.

I think it's because you are a liberal.

Change your evil ways and all will be fine. :p:

burmafrd

Reaction score
Sounds like a virus or maybe something got corrupted.
If you have the software the last resort is to uninstall yahoo and everything with it and reinstall. Drastic but that might be all you can do.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Sasquatch;2451613 said:

I appreciate the help.

Try getting to your mail from https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=us

If you can, then go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/forms_index.html?.rand=1968867207 to ask about the issue.

If you can't get in to either, you should have your wife contact Yahoo Help on your behalf.

I work in Customer Support for a site similar to Yahoo, and it sounds like the issue is account specific. Your email account may have been suspended for a variety of reasons like sending/receiving a high volume of email in a short amount of time, or triggering an automated spam filter which might have closed it.

Based on your description, that would be my first guess.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Thank you for the help. I'm pretty certain that it's a problem on Yahoo's end as I found several message boards where users were complaining of the same issues. At least, I hope that's the case.