Yahoo/TouchdownWire: Daxton Hill, S, Michigan

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
https://sports.yahoo.com/2022-nfl-mock-draft-deshaun-113653512.html

Dallas Cowboys: Daxton Hill, S, Michigan

A fan base that is rather, shall we say, displeased with how free agency is unfolding can be found in the greater Dallas area. Cowboys fans, having seen the organization trade Amari Cooper, bungle negotiations with Randy Gregory and release La’el Collins, are an unhappy lot at the moment.

So surely a safety in the first round is exactly what they are hoping for.

But Dallas is also in the market for a safety, and they look to plug that need with Daxton Hill from Michigan.

Hill is a scheme-diverse player who can operate in single-high coverages, or in the slot. He plays well in zone coverage and can read and react well to a quarterback’s movements in the pocket. His sideline-to-sideline range on film was something that he confirmed in Indianapolis:

Pass rush is also an option here, and with George Karlaftis available that would be a pick that makes sense. But adding to the secondary and giving Dan Quinn a player like Hill puts that defense in a very good position.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Damn good player, I ain’t buying this team taking a Safety in round 1.

Agree on both counts but first mock I saw discuss this and interesting. Maybe Quinn has sway on a S

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
https://sports.yahoo.com/2022-nfl-mock-draft-deshaun-113653512.html

Dallas Cowboys: Daxton Hill, S, Michigan

A fan base that is rather, shall we say, displeased with how free agency is unfolding can be found in the greater Dallas area. Cowboys fans, having seen the organization trade Amari Cooper, bungle negotiations with Randy Gregory and release La’el Collins, are an unhappy lot at the moment.

So surely a safety in the first round is exactly what they are hoping for.

But Dallas is also in the market for a safety, and they look to plug that need with Daxton Hill from Michigan.

Hill is a scheme-diverse player who can operate in single-high coverages, or in the slot. He plays well in zone coverage and can read and react well to a quarterback’s movements in the pocket. His sideline-to-sideline range on film was something that he confirmed in Indianapolis:

Pass rush is also an option here, and with George Karlaftis available that would be a pick that makes sense. But adding to the secondary and giving Dan Quinn a player like Hill puts that defense in a very good position.

He is one of the more interesting S prospects I have seen in years. If he got his hands on more balls he would be a top 10 pick. With his skill set, it wouldnt shock me at all to see him go higher than expected.