Y'all might wanna tap the brakes on inducting A. Peterson into Canton

Reaction score
All the “go ahead and induct him into Canton-ites”, that touted Adrian Peterson, might wanna tap on the brakes a little bit.

That vaunted 2 & 4 K-State defense, who are coming off their first loss in 11 years to cross-state rival Kansas, held last week's “greatest I’ve ever seen since blank”, to a whopping TWENTY SIX yards by halftime.

BTW, THIS guy,
benson_hesisman.jpg
you know Dallas, that “not a great RB”, was 28/153 and 2 TD’s against a 4-2 Mizzo. He’s TWELVE yards away from becoming only the SIXTH RB in NCAA history to rush for 1000+ yards in fours straight years.

Look me up in Jan, 08, and lets see if “greatest I’ve ever seen since blank”, makes it that far. Somehow, I’m thinking he’ll bail on his College after 3, just like he did on his home state.

Now, off to the Pokes/Steelers game, GO US!!!... MAN, I'm glad to have my sigline free again!!! ;)

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
It really bothers you Longhorns that everyone likes a true freshman back at Oklahoma over your acclaimed senior, doesn't it? :p

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
It really bothers you Longhorns that everyone likes a true freshman back at Oklahoma over your acclaimed senior, doesn't it? :p

Poke. You are such a hater. Peterson is everything your boy Benson could and will never be. Your jealousy SEEPS in this current thread. We know Benson wouldnt have had HALF the yards that AD had on KSU.

By the way.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/

Notice the 2 Sooners ahead of your boy Benson? Notice how both arrows point skyward and Benson's arrow kinda does a hmmm...*not down but not up..kinda sideways effect? I think that says alot..yes?

I always leave it to Poke to stick his boot in his mouth. :D

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Poke,
Do they have a mandatory class at UT where they teach you all the benefits of short-term memory loss?
Face the facts jack... AD ran all over you guys and ElCed was contained the entire day by OU.
How they each played against different opponents under different circumstances the following week has nothing to do with anything.
And by the way, if you watched the OU/KSU game, you'd have seen that KSU was stacking the line early against the run, so OU utilized its Heisman-winning QB to move the ball. In the second half, when OU had the lead, they leaned on AD to grind out the tough yards and put the game away, which he did with over 100 yards in the half!
As for Ced... he's a good RB. You should be grateful you have him since your passing game is so piiss poor. I've never seen anything that stinkola outside of the 2004 Commanders. You better hope you can sign that kid out of Lousiana that punked VY last week... you need something back behind center!

Keep rooting for other Big 12 teams to do your dirty work for you so you can back-door your way into the championship game again this year.

;)

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Face the facts jack... AD ran all over you guys and ElCed was contained the entire day by OU.
And by the way, if you watched the OU/KSU game, you'd have seen that KSU was stacking the line early against the run,

Oh, you mean kinda the same way OU did against Benson the week prior?

Danny White said:
Keep rooting for other Big 12 teams to do your dirty work for you so you can back-door your way into the championship game again this year.

Kinda the way OU did last year into the Sugar Bowl you mean?

Reaction score
Dallas said:
We know Benson wouldnt have had HALF the yards that AD had on KSU.

Sooooo, your argument is, that against a RANKED defense, and w/ a nonexistent passing attack, he puts up 150 & 2 TD's (BTW, a 65 yarder for a TD was negated in the 3rd because of holding). Yet against an UNRANKED D, he'd do LESS than half that?? Not much substance to that argument.

Dallas said:
Peterson is everything your boy Benson could and will never be.

LOL, and you call me "jealous?" Um, ya did read this part, right!!??
DallasCowpoke said:
He’s TWELVE yards away from becoming only the SIXTH RB in NCAA history to rush for 1000+ yards in fours straight years.
Those are facts, in B&W, unarguable. Peterson, while he looks great, looks like he has all the potential in the world, HAS DONE NOTHING, YET!!!

Would you like me to start the list of players who've looked like "all-worlders", then disappeared?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Well let's just see how the year turns out. There's a lot of football yet to be played. Oklahoma has plenty of stumbling blocks in its path, and should they lose I'm sure you'll be all over it.

Heck, the way you pounce over a true freshman having a 130 yard day -- as if it is some kind of defeat for OU (and in turn some kind of vicarious victory for UT) -- I'd hate to see your reaction when/if they actually lose a game! :rolleyes:

I am in awe of your resilency, however. Your team-spirit is indestructable! It is almost as if the RRS never happened.

Rest assured, I give Cederic all due credit. He is a fine RB who is carrying his team, and I think will make a very good pro. I'm sure the Oklahoma game will prove to be a mere blip on his season's radar screen. Against most teams, he will be more than sufficent to carry you to victory.

It is unfortunate for him that his Heisman campaign will be judged largely based on his RRS performance. Part of that, surely, is a result of his answer to the set-up question he was given.

As for AD-to-Canton... I think the OU fans here (myself included) were simply impressed with his performance and his inclusion so high up on the ESPN Heisman rankings. Can you blame us for being enthused about one of our young players doing so well out of the gate? Quite honestly, I doubt if he will win the Heisman this year. Too much is going against him. But I do like seeing him do well (and that includes his fine performance against KSU) and I hope he gets all the kudos he is due.

Anyway, I've said my piece with this silly argument. Both are good RB's and only time will tell which is the better.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
FWIW, I think Leinert will win the Heisman this year. I don't see any losses upcoming for them. He's the QB and the upperclassman, which are two nods in his favor.

The only way I think AD could sneak in is:

** Aaron Rodgers continues to impress and he and Leinert split west coast votes.

** AD continues to rush for 100+ per game for every game this season, and end up with between 1,800 and 2,000 yds for the season.

** AD would need to have 2-3 more "signature" games the way he did against UT with 200+ yds rushing. Great games against Nebraska, OSU, and aTm would be key.

** He needs to start scoring more. 6 tds ain't bad, but he needs to really add to that number to have stats that match up against the QBs and other RBs out there.

** Along with MORE tds, he needs some long, highlight reel tds like he had against Oregon.

All that being said, I still don't think they'll give it to a Freshman.

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Well let's just see how the year turns out. There's a lot of football yet to be played. Oklahoma has plenty of stumbling blocks in its path, and should they lose I'm sure you'll be all over it.

Heck, the way you pounce over a true freshman having a 130 yard day -- as if it is some kind of defeat for OU (and in turn some kind of vicarious victory for UT) -- I'd hate to see your reaction when/if they actually lose a game! :rolleyes: .

Actually bro, you can expect JUST the opposite. Did you see ME starting any threads w/ lame pre-game photoshops degrading the rival program?

And if Texas HAD happened to have won the RRS, I'd have STUCK to the rules of the bet, unlike one of the participants chose to do. But I took my medicine w/o so much as a peep! I made the bet, and spelled out the guidelines clearly. But if that's the way ya wanna roll, np, I'll KNOW better NEXT time!!

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Actually bro, you can expect JUST the opposite. Did you see ME starting any threads w/ lame pre-game photoshops degrading the rival program?

No, but you DID start this thread. And were obviously trying to pick a fight with it.

Reaction score
Danny White said:
No, but you DID start this thread. And were obviously trying to pick a fight with it.

LOL, nooooooo, actually, just stating my opinion/views. Kinda thought that's what you DO on these things?

Not my fault you angry marlins swallowed the bait, then got upset when it tasted bad.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Sooooo, your argument is, that against a RANKED defense, and w/ a nonexistent passing attack, he puts up 150 & 2 TD's (BTW, a 65 yarder for a TD was negated in the 3rd because of holding). Yet against an UNRANKED D, he'd do LESS than half that?? Not much substance to that argument.

LOL, and you call me "jealous?" Um, ya did read this part, right!!??
Those are facts, in B&W, unarguable. Peterson, while he looks great, looks like he has all the potential in the world, HAS DONE NOTHING, YET!!!

Would you like me to start the list of players who've looked like "all-worlders", then disappeared?

You come across like this in all your posts bro. You are right and all the rest of the nation who have the kid off the charts and on the dang heisman list already are wrong. Need I remind you he is head and shoulders above Benson on any Heisman list.

The reason AD had trouble in KS is this. He was against 8 and 9 man fronts ALL day long until the second half when KSU had to back off because WHITE was KILLING them w/ the pass. You probably dont understand that. I mean UT is a one demensional team. :rolleyes:

Its happens. We actually see teams loading up to STOP Peterson. Amazing.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke is definitely grasping at straws. LOL Adrian Peterson is by far the better RB over Benson. Funny thing is, he's only a freshman. LOL And for DallasCowpoke to say he was just stating his view and opinions is as bogus as the Longhorns passing game. He tried to be subtle while planting his little seed. :D It was very obvious he wanted to start a little scuffle. :rolleyes:

We'll see you guys in Austin on Thanksgiving!

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Looking back at Poke's original post, it's evident he's not being serious.

I should not have allowed myself to get pulled in by his clever prodding.

BTW, it looks like all of ESPN's college football analysts also are realizing that Peterson is vastly overrated :rolleyes: :

http://espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index.html