Yall put some respect on Stephen Jones name

plymkr

Reaction score
Dorrance should have had his 4th sack tonight.....
DLaw, someone who I frequently bash, was on pace for about 5 sacks till he got hurt. DLaw was playing possessed. He was killing em. Dorance and DLaw stepped up the sacks when Micah was causing chaos. That was a thing of beauty.

plasticman

Reaction score
What does this have to do with Stephen Jones?

Stephen Jones is a figurehead. He couldn't build an X-box Madden team.

The Jones's have a policy of assuming as much credit as possible while paying their people enough to shut up and accept it.

You will never hear a Jones utter the words, "Well, I really have to give credit to "______". At least not with any measurable sincerity..

Dre11

Reaction score
I can count Stephen Jones' playoff wins this century on one hand. He's not earning my respect in September of 2022. I'm going to need a lot more.

We're not talking playoffs, we're talking team building, they've put teams capable of winning playoff games. It's not his fault they underachieving

Dre11

Reaction score
Even though I do not like Stephen I do agree with your overall premise of the OP. We didn't need Von, the defense is legit. the offensive line is performing well considering how many questions it had going into the season. Tyler seems to be the offensive line break out player of this season. He was a great draft pick. I didn't think he's be able to man the LT and I'm glad I'm wrong.

We saved ourselves cap space and headaches by letting Gregory and Collins go. you're right, we didn't need them.

I'll give Stephen more respect when we win some playoff games but you're OP is correct.

Let's not forget he help put the team together, it's not his fault they underachieve, they've had teams capable of winning more playoff games.

Dre11

Reaction score
Just think what Von Miller would have added though, you don’t let players like him slip through your hands.

Yeah look at what he would do to your cap going into next season, when you have some big decisions

Dre11

Reaction score
oh so you’re the guy. wondered who was emboldening him

Damn right, I'm giving the man respect, you continue to ignore what's going on winningbwith defense and a backup...lol

Dre11

Reaction score
How much better would we be with Miller, though? It's possible this defense will have to be elite this year for us to have a chance at getting to the Super Bowl. I wouldn't say we're there yet. If it manhandles the Rams and Eagles (if they keep playing like they have), we can talk about it.

How much worse would the cap be next season , when you have big decisions to make, you don't have to look at that, the FO does.

Dre11

Reaction score
What does this have to do with Stephen Jones?

Stephen Jones is a figurehead. He couldn't build an X-box Madden team.

The Jones's have a policy of assuming as much credit as possible while paying their people enough to shut up and accept it.

You will never hear a Jones utter the words, "Well, I really have to give credit to "______". At least not with any measurable sincerity..

He's the main guy with McClay , if you haven't figured that out yet, you haven't been paying attention. Jerry's the mouthpiece

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Just think how much better we'd be WITH Von Miller though.

It's not about "not needing" someone. It's about being as dangerous of a team as possible.

The "not needing, so don't bother" mentality is a loser mentality.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Just think what Von Miller would have added though, you don’t let players like him slip through your hands.
really? You think it would have been smart for the Cowboys to pay Miller what the Bills did at his age?

Mannix

Reaction score
----- When Gallup and Washington comes back, we'll be OK at Wr.

:facepalm::huh::facepalm::huh::facepalm::huh::facepalm::huh:

rambo2

Reaction score
He didn't need Von Miller on this defense, defense is legit. We have some dogs on defense. This oline is fine, the have a Gem in Tyler and haven't missed a beat letting Collins go or Williams. When Gallup and Washington comes back, we'll be OK at Wr.
They can't give respect. It doesn't fit their agenda.

rambo2

Reaction score
----- When Gallup and Washington comes back, we'll be OK at Wr.

:facepalm::huh::facepalm::huh::facepalm::huh::facepalm::huh:
They are and will be ok at receiver. See Noah Brown. You know about Noah Brown, what did you call him? He has 15 catches already.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Just think how much better we'd be WITH Von Miller though.

It's not about "not needing" someone. It's about being as dangerous of a team as possible.

The "not needing, so don't bother" mentality is a loser mentality.
Agreed but the Cowboys didn't have the luxury to take on that contract. I mean yeah they could have made it work, but it would have caused some issues down the road. If this were a surefire super bowl or bust type of season I bet Jerry would have pulled the trigger, but they are keeping the roster very flexible for 2023, which could get pretty interesting.