Yankees getting EMBARASSED.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Dough Boy;4130245 said:
I think Sam had a case of premature *&^$@)(*&. The true question, will the Sox or Rays get the wildcard. Red Sox are falling fast and Beckett pitched well for 6 innings then was torched. Their bullpen has a few holds in it.

Umm no. Yankees still suck. Anyhow, I think you are a bit confused at *why* I was pissed off at the suck *** Yankees.

If they (Sox and Rays) don't watch out, the Angels could sneak in and take the wildcard.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Bump.

$200M (PLUS!) salary and you are one and done.

That IS EMBARRASSING.

I fully expect ABQ to admit this thread is fully merited. (cause it is!)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4167730 said:
Bump.

$200M (PLUS!) salary and you are one and done.

That IS EMBARRASSING.

I fully expect ABQ to admit this thread is fully merited. (cause it is!)

Your expectations are wrong NYC. I think the Yankees probably do spend too much money but the way I see it, it is their money to spend. They came a foot away from winning that series so it's hard to say that they are EMBARRASSING themselves. They lost, now they start working for next year.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4168134 said:
Your expectations are wrong NYC.

I'm just poking fun at you. :p:

I think my expectations are exactly what the Steinbrenner's expectations are. When you spend $200M+ a year in payroll. You expect a World Series Championship. I believe George even said as much. (RIP)

I mean, would you spend WAY more than anyone else without fully expecting to win because of it? People spend $280k on a Ferrari so they can have the coolest car on the block. Cause you can buy a car that is as fast or faster for considerably less, but then you don't have the coolest car on the block. I the Ford GT500s were $150k new and would smoke most Ferraris. The Corvette Z06 is only around $75k and it too smokes most Farraris.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I look at it like this .. if the Yankees fail, the fans of 29 other teams are happy.

Seems like money well spent to me :D

#reality

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Reality;4168158 said:
I look at it like this .. if the Yankees fail, the fans of 29 other teams are happy.

Seems like money well spent to me :D

#reality

:stupid:

Definitely! :lmao2:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4168155 said:
I'm just poking fun at you. :p:

I think my expectations are exactly what the Steinbrenner's expectations are. When you spend $200M+ a year in payroll. You expect a World Series Championship. I believe George even said as much. (RIP)

I mean, would you spend WAY more than anyone else without fully expecting to win because of it? People spend $280k on a Ferrari so they can have the coolest car on the block. Cause you can buy a car that is as fast or faster for considerably less, but then you don't have the coolest car on the block. I the Ford GT500s were $150k new and would smoke most Ferraris. The Corvette Z06 is only around $75k and it too smokes most Farraris.

I would not but it is not my money. Yankees do spend a lot of money but they also bring in a lot of money. It's a two way street there. I would also say that the Yankees are not the only team that spends a lot of money. I thinks statistically, if you measure the success of teams who spend more money, as opposed to those who spend less, the results will show that the teams who spend more see more success. The Corvette or the Z06 or the GT500 may cost out differently but if you want to win, you don't go out and buy a stock Ferrari or Ford or Vet. You go out and buy a Reher and Morrison Aluminum 762 Motor and you invest in Nitrous and you get a fabricated body and you set up the suspension right and you use the best rubber and you go out and get the best driver you can. That's how you win.