Yankees Offseason Thread...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
With Beltran on board, that makes Soriano, Suzuki and Gardner possible trade bait. I still expect to see the Yankees pick up Infanti and they still have a lot of interest in Choo. Now that Tonaka seems less and less likely to get posted, they will be interested in another starting Ace and they may even decide to go after another 2nd Baseman.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Beltran on board, that makes Soriano, Suzuki and Gardner possible trade bait. I still expect to see the Yankees pick up Infanti and they still have a lot of interest in Choo. Now that Tonaka seems less and less likely to get posted, they will be interested in another starting Ace and they may even decide to go after another 2nd Baseman.

I hope they keep Soriano.

I would expect that Wells will be released before the start of the regular season.

Yeah, I still expect a 2nd baseman to be acquired.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I hope they keep Soriano.

I would expect that Wells will be released before the start of the regular season.

Yeah, I still expect a 2nd baseman to be acquired.

Soriano and or Gardner might be in play for a trade with Cincy for Phillips if we can't sign Infante. The Reds will likely lose Choo and they were already pretty thin on production from their Outfield. They need to bring in some guys who can play the OF and that might be Soriano, Gardner or both if the Yankees decide to try and put together a trade for Phillips.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yankees appear to be 1 of 8 other teams who are expressing interest in Johan Santana. I have no idea what Santana is throwing like. Will he be the Johan Santana of 2011 who missed the entire season, the Santana of 2012 who had a 4.85 ERA or the Johan of 2010 and earlier who for 9 seasons averaged an ERA of somewhere around 2.92?

If he is that guy, then the Yankees could be very interested indeed. Orioles, Rays, Royals, Brewers, Pirates and of course, the Twins, are also interested in Santana.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yohan is done, he has been done. I am praying that the Mets don't make that same mistake again.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Like almost every other team, Tanaka is first on the list of Pitching Prospects for the Yankees but if he does not get posted, the name that seems to be surfacing is Bronson Arroyo, Cincinnati FA.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Like almost every other team, Tanaka is first on the list of Pitching Prospects for the Yankees but if he does not get posted, the name that seems to be surfacing is Bronson Arroyo, Cincinnati FA.

He got posted. He should be a Yankee before the New Years :(

Christiann

Reaction score
I believe it will come down to a 2 man race between the Dodgers and the Yankees for Tanaka, with possibly Seattle being in the mix. I've been reading that he prefers to be on the West Coast for traveling purposes back to Japan, but money talks. We have to get contracts done of our own(Kershaw, Ramirez), so apart of me wants the Yankees to pay the premium for Tanaka, he's going to be a good one though.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I believe it will come down to a 2 man race between the Dodgers and the Yankees for Tanaka, with possibly Seattle being in the mix. I've been reading that he prefers to be on the West Coast for traveling purposes back to Japan, but money talks. We have to get contracts done of our own(Kershaw, Ramirez), so apart of me wants the Yankees to pay the premium for Tanaka, he's going to be a good one though.

Good point about Seattle. Ichiro went there first and treated him well. I am sure that Tanaka will be in his ear.