Yankees tell A-Rod to shut up

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I think it's awesome. I love it.....just flat out said what he wanted.

“You know what, when the Yankees want to announce something, [we will],” Cashman told ESPN New York. “Alex should just shut the f— up. That’s it. I’m going to call Alex now.”

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I suspect A-Rod is trying to force the Yankees to play him. The back drop here is that the Yankees are covered by an injury clause with their insurance policy that basically covers them if A-Rod can not play due to injury. The Yankees may be considering this and if so, the fact that A-Rod is announcing this makes that more complicated. Now, A-Rod gets paid either way but if the Yankees release him, then it may be tough for A-Rod to pick up another team. Either way, A-Rod isn't helping anybody here. I think he's done with the Yankees.

Rogah

Reaction score
Couldn't happen to a nicer player or to a nicer franchise.

I think that of all the ******* things he has done, asking a woman for her phone number in the middle of a playoff game was the final straw.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Couldn't happen to a nicer player or to a nicer franchise.

I think that of all the ******* things he has done, asking a woman for her phone number in the middle of a playoff game was the final straw.

This

kristie

Reaction score
I suspect A-Rod is trying to force the Yankees to play him. The back drop here is that the Yankees are covered by an injury clause with their insurance policy that basically covers them if A-Rod can not play due to injury. The Yankees may be considering this and if so, the fact that A-Rod is announcing this makes that more complicated. Now, A-Rod gets paid either way but if the Yankees release him, then it may be tough for A-Rod to pick up another team. Either way, A-Rod isn't helping anybody here. I think he's done with the Yankees.

same here. he is now just useless to them.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well they still have to pay him bookoo money until 2017 so he kind of has to stick around.

Not necessarily. If he can not play, they have an insurance policy that they have already paid for (the Yankees) that will pick up 80% of his contract. That's why Cashman is pissed at A-Rod for opening his mouth. Only the Yankees Medical Staff can certify him as ready to play. A-Rod keeps spouting off and it only makes things more difficult.

Now, if the Yankees medical staff can prove that the injury to his hip is a result of A-Rods usage of PEDs, then the Yankees can actually void the contract. That is possible but the Insurance Medical Dr.'s would have to agree.

kristie

Reaction score
Not necessarily. If he can not play, they have an insurance policy that they have already paid for (the Yankees) that will pick up 80% of his contract. That's why Cashman is pissed at A-Rod for opening his mouth. Only the Yankees Medical Staff can certify him as ready to play. A-Rod keeps spouting off and it only makes things more difficult.

Now, if the Yankees medical staff can prove that the injury to his hip is a result of A-Rods usage of PEDs, then the Yankees can actually void the contract. That is possible but the Insurance Medical Dr.'s would have to agree.

i hope you're right.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He should have been done with the Yankees several years ago. .02

kristie

Reaction score
He should have been done with the Yankees several years ago. .02

i agree. he really has nothing to prove anymore. then again, he has become very useless for the yankees due to his injuries and his really bad tendency to be a distraction to the team.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
i agree. he really has nothing to prove anymore. then again, he has become very useless for the yankees due to his injuries and his really bad tendency to be a distraction to the team.

If he does, in fact stay with the Yankees, I think we'll probably see the Yankees make a deal for a 3rd Baseman and A-Rod will become the DH.

Rogah

Reaction score
Not necessarily. If he can not play, they have an insurance policy that they have already paid for (the Yankees) that will pick up 80% of his contract. That's why Cashman is pissed at A-Rod for opening his mouth. Only the Yankees Medical Staff can certify him as ready to play.
If A-Rod feels he is healthy, he can file a grievance requiring the team to take him back.
The all-powerful MLBPA will never let them get away with that. They're stuck with him and there's nothing they can do about it. Their only hope is to have him suspended by the league.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If A-Rod feels he is healthy, he can file a grievance requiring the team to take him back.

He can try but the team has the absolute final say on issues of health.

The all-powerful MLBPA will never let them get away with that. They're stuck with him and there's nothing they can do about it. Their only hope is to have him suspended by the league.

MLBPA has nothing to do with that at all. If both the Yankees Medical Staff and the Insurance Company are in agreement with the diagnosis, MLBPA has very little they can legally do about it. That is agreed upon in the contract. Would be a lot of capitol to spend on something that they would likely lose.

Rogah

Reaction score
He can try but the team has the absolute final say on issues of health.
You obviously don't know what a grievance is. The team does not have "the final say" if he files a grievance and wins. If he filed a grievance and won, he could force the team to place him on the 25-man roster (yes, you read that right, the 25-man roster as in the 25 guys playing for the Major League NY Yankees team; they can't force him to stay in the minors indefinitely against his will if he can prove he is healthy).
MLBPA has nothing to do with that at all.
Please tell me you're joking. You think a team can void a contract and the MLBPA "has nothing to do with that at all"???!?!? Really, bro? Really??!? If the Yankees tried to void A-Rod's contract they'd get hit by the MLBPA so fast and so hard, Babe Ruth would feel it.
If both the Yankees Medical Staff and the Insurance Company are in agreement with the diagnosis, MLBPA has very little they can legally do about it. That is agreed upon in the contract.
There is no such clause in any contract. BTW, you seem completely unaware of the fact that is current injury has nothing to do with steroids; his hip is acongenital defect.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You obviously don't know what a grievance is. The team does not have "the final say" if he files a grievance and wins. If he filed a grievance and won, he could force the team to place him on the 25-man roster (yes, you read that right, the 25-man roster as in the 25 guys playing for the Major League NY Yankees team; they can't force him to stay in the minors indefinitely against his will if he can prove he is healthy).

Obviously, however, filing a grievance and having recourse are two different things. Your a smart guy, you should be able to figure that out.

Please tell me you're joking. You think a team can void a contract and the MLBPA "has nothing to do with that at all"???!?!? Really, bro? Really??!? If the Yankees tried to void A-Rod's contract they'd get hit by the MLBPA so fast and so hard, Babe Ruth would feel it

Yes, I think that can absolutely happen. If the contract terms allow for a contract to be voided, then yes, I absolutely do believe it and no, I'm not joking at all.
There is no such clause in any contract. BTW, you seem completely unaware of the fact that is current injury has nothing to do with steroids; his hip is acongenital defect.

Well, it was reported so if you have information on his contract details that specifically state otherwise, I'm happy to listen. BTW, you seem completely unaware of the fact that I never said his injury was related to steroid usage. I said if the Yankees could prove that, the contract could be voided. Two entirely different things but your a smart guy. I'm sure that if given time, you could figure it out.

Rogah

Reaction score
Obviously, however, filing a grievance and having recourse are two different things. Your a smart guy, you should be able to figure that out.
Well I'm certainly smart enough to know the difference between "your" and "you're", but it's not a matter of being a smart guy, it's a matter of being educated on the topic we're discussing. Clearly, I know far more about baseball labor and contractual situations than you do.
Yes, I think that can absolutely happen. If the contract terms allow for a contract to be voided, then yes,
There are absolutely no such terms.
I absolutely do believe it and no, I'm not joking at all.
I am honestly trying to think of a nice way to put this and not be confrontational, but it's clear you really have no clue about baseball contracts and the CBA..
Well, it was reported so if you have information on his contract details that specifically state otherwise, I'm happy to listen.
Source, please?
BTW, you seem completely unaware of the fact that I never said his injury was related to steroid usage. I said if the Yankees could prove that, the contract could be voided. Two entirely different things but your a smart guy. I'm sure that if given time, you could figure it out.
Please let me know if you'd like to discuss this matter in a mature fashion and I'll be happy to explain to you how you are wrong. If you want to keep making wisecracks such as "your (sic.) a smart guy" then I'll let you think you're right while all the rest of us know you're wrong.