Yao done for the season

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Just reported he's got a fracture in his foot (where else), and he's done for the playoffs.

Yao has endless foot injuries, what is up with that?

kmp77

Reaction score
They should chop him dn Grady up and make one complete person..might have a chance to complete a season.

Stupid rockets :(

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheCount;2769410 said:
Just reported he's got a fracture in his foot (where else), and he's done for the playoffs.

He's huge. The human body is not made to cushion that much, and once you have injuries they are easier to have again.

This is Cowboys fan Lebron James' year anyway.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
The guy is 7"6 and 320+..he plays for his country in the offseason, then comes and plays 82 + games here in the US..after awhile it takes a toll on you. He has so much pride though.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;2769507 said:
He's huge. The human body is not made to cushion that much, and once you have injuries they are easier to have again.

This is Cowboys fan Lebron James' year anyway.

I'm sure that plays a part, and while there aren't a lot of 7'6" dudes in the NBA there are a lot of freakishly sized human beings that don't seem to get the same foot injuries over and over again.

I know I sprained my ankle badly once and ever since it's been more susceptible to being sprained, but it just seems like every year for Yao he's got to deal with this.

His work load is insane for a guy his size, he plays basically all year round. I think at some point he's going to have to say no to either the NBA or China.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Playing practically year round is doing him zero favors. At some point he's going to have to choose one or the other.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2769410 said:

he's so tall, that's why

there was some really tall, white C a few years ago who had to retire because of bad feet

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JerryAdvocate;2770535 said:
he's so tall, that's why

there was some really tall, white C a few years ago who had to retire because of bad feet
The Cav's Ilgauskas (7'3") had the same problem for years. All of a sudden LeBron comes along and he hasn't had a foot problem since.

It might just be coincidence, but he's another big man who had foot problems. He's had other injuries in the past few years, but he hasn't had a foot injury in awhile.

I'm hoping the same for Yao, as well.

MC KAos

Reaction score
he needs to play a lot less games than he is currently playing. maybe play only 52 games, give him nights off, specially on the second leg of back to backs, etc. i dont think his body can handle all those games, plus the ones he has to play for china

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;2770577 said:
he needs to play a lot less games than he is currently playing. maybe play only 52 games, give him nights off, specially on the second leg of back to backs, etc. i dont think his body can handle all those games, plus the ones he has to play for china
he needs to stop playing for China.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rampage;2770808 said:
he needs to stop playing for China.

ya but i remember the only reason they allowed him to come here (ALLOWED HIM, damn communists) was because he promised to play for the national team. i doubt they'll let him out of that commitment

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MC KAos;2770815 said:
ya but i remember the only reason they allowed him to come here (ALLOWED HIM, damn communists) was because he promised to play for the national team. i doubt they'll let him out of that commitment
It's a matter of whether he wants out of that committment. He doesn't. He's very committed to China. So he'll continue to play for the national team when healthy.

Obviously with the foot fracture, he won't this year. Yay for the Rockets.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
MC KAos;2770815 said:

Thats not the only reason. China taxes him like half his salary.