Yard Barker three round mock

bodi

Reaction score
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...mock_draft_april_10_2018_edition/s1__26150615

19. Dallas Cowboys: Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
Dallas is in need of a replacement for Anthony Hitchens, who fled to Kansas City in free agency. The run defense also suffered last season when Sean Lee was hurt, and he's headed into his age-32 season. Evans had 74 tackles and six sacks in 12 games this past season.

50. Dallas Cowboys: Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama
Dallas is in the market for a starter next to Byron Jones. Harrison could go as high as the first round after two consecutive great years at Alabama, most recently finishing with 74 tackles and three interceptions in 2017.

81. Dallas Cowboys: Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon
The Cowboys haven't brought back Alfred Morris, and it remains to be seen if Rod Smith is the answer to back up Ezekiel Elliott. An amazingly productive back in four years at Oregon, Freeman finished his career with 5,621 rushing yards and also showed very capable as a pass catcher. He's an immediate third-down option who could add another dimension to the Dallas offense next to Elliott.

21. Cincinnati Bengals (via Bills): Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
Yet another suspension for Vontaze Burfict, this time for PEDs, should put his future with the organization in doubt. If the Bengals have reached their end point with Burfict, Vander Esch is a very capable replacement, finishing with 141 tackles and four sacks last season.

55. Carolina Panthers: Terrell Edmunds, S, Virginia Tech
The brother of Tremaine Edmunds, Terrell had 61 tackles and two picks for the Hokies last season. He would start immediately at safety for the Panthe

57. Tennessee Titans: B.J. Hill, DT, NC State
Hill got four years of experience on the field at NC State, totaling 183 tackles and eight sacks for his career. The Titans could be in the market for some defensive line help next to star Jurrell C

59. San Francisco 49ers (via Saints): Austin Corbett, OG, Nevada
The 49ers brought in Weston Richburg on a long-term deal but could still use more line depth. Corbett has the versatility to play either guard or center.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If Rashaan Evans is the best guy on the board at 19 I'm trading down.

Also I really think they take an OG in the first three rounds. I can see a RB in the third but I think its more likely in the 4th or 5th.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
We need a thread for all these mock drafts.

This guy didn't know Byron was being moved to corner. This is just clutter that doesnt deserve its own thread. And we have about 500 mock made every day.

bodi

Reaction score
my picks
19. Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
50 Terrell Edmunds, S, Virginia Tech
81 Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia

bodi

Reaction score
90. Atlanta Falcons: Isaiah Wynn

Wynn is slightly undersized at 6-3 but showed versatility while at Georgia. He was a great run blocker on one of the country's best offensive lines and should be able to fill in immediately

Titleist

Reaction score
Dallas is in the market for a starter next to Byron Jones.
Harrison could go as high as the first round after two consecutive great years at Alabama, most recently finishing with 74 tackles and three interceptions in 2017.

Wait, what? Did I miss Jones going from S to CB and then back to S?

Sydla

Reaction score
Wait, what? Did I miss Jones going from S to CB and then back to S?

Maybe I missed it but was it officially announced that Jones is definitely going back to CB or was that mostly conjecture from media types based on tidbits from the team?

I ask because I really don't know.

bodi

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but was it officially announced that Jones is definitely going back to CB or was that mostly conjecture from media types based on tidbits from the team?

I don't know myself

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...could-move-byron-jones-from-safety-to-corner/

Thus, the Cowboys are considering moving Jones to cornerback full time, according to Todd Archer of ESPN.

As Archer explains it, new secondary coach Kris Richard likes bigger corners, and Jones stands 6 foot and weighs 205 pounds. But where will Jones fit in?

gmoney112

Reaction score
I've thought about the first 2, that could actually happen and it'd make the middle of the field exponentially more athletic. Harrison is a big dude, and he's going to be a good pro. He's built like Kam, plays more like L Collins did in college. I don't want him at FS but at SS with Evans at MLB, that'd be pretty great.

Titleist

Reaction score

Geez, now I'm really confused. There have been several posters on the Zone over the past couple months who have talked about Jones at CB like it was a confirmed thing. Now looking through the actual reports, it appears that the team never made a decision.

I guess that's what I get for taking Zone talk as gospel

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
my picks
19. Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
50 Terrell Edmunds, S, Virginia Tech
81 Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia

You honestly don’t believe Wynn lasts to the third do you?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...mock_draft_april_10_2018_edition/s1__26150615

19. Dallas Cowboys: Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
Dallas is in need of a replacement for Anthony Hitchens, who fled to Kansas City in free agency. The run defense also suffered last season when Sean Lee was hurt, and he's headed into his age-32 season. Evans had 74 tackles and six sacks in 12 games this past season.

Dallas is in the market for a starter next to Byron Jones. Harrison could go as high as the first round after two consecutive great years at Alabama, most recently finishing with 74 tackles and three interceptions in 2017.

81. Dallas Cowboys: Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon
The Cowboys haven't brought back Alfred Morris, and it remains to be seen if Rod Smith is the answer to back up Ezekiel Elliott. An amazingly productive back in four years at Oregon, Freeman finished his career with 5,621 rushing yards and also showed very capable as a pass catcher. He's an immediate third-down option who could add another dimension to the Dallas offense next to Elliott.

21. Cincinnati Bengals (via Bills): Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
Yet another suspension for Vontaze Burfict, this time for PEDs, should put his future with the organization in doubt. If the Bengals have reached their end point with Burfict, Vander Esch is a very capable replacement, finishing with 141 tackles and four sacks last season.

55. Carolina Panthers: Terrell Edmunds, S, Virginia Tech
The brother of Tremaine Edmunds, Terrell had 61 tackles and two picks for the Hokies last season. He would start immediately at safety for the Panthe

57. Tennessee Titans: B.J. Hill, DT, NC State
Hill got four years of experience on the field at NC State, totaling 183 tackles and eight sacks for his career. The Titans could be in the market for some defensive line help next to star Jurrell C

59. San Francisco 49ers (via Saints): Austin Corbett, OG, Nevada
The 49ers brought in Weston Richburg on a long-term deal but could still use more line depth. Corbett has the versatility to play either guard or center.

Freeman is a 3 down back who runs hard and is shifty enough. I like the player. Definite upgrade at the number two back and a great way to relieve EE.