Yay - baseball is back!

Phoenix

Reaction score
Regular season's first game is tonight, right? Cards at the new-look Marlins...

:)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Phoenix;4493409 said:

I was excited then I saw the tail end of the Astros vs White Sox game last night and excitement was gone. :laugh2:

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4493427 said:
Next year. They will continue in the NL this season

So how are Houstonians handling the switch? I always liked the Stros.

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
Phoenix;4493409 said:

Regular season has already started. Oakland and Seattle played a pair of games in Tokyo.

Phoenix

Reaction score
danielofthesaints;4493443 said:
Regular season has already started. Oakland and Seattle played a pair of games in Tokyo.

Oh.

Who knew?

:D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4493434 said:
So how are Houstonians handling the switch? I always liked the Stros.

I know many who do not like it. Myself I don't like it but I understand the new Owner doing it since it had an effect on the price he paid to get the Astros. All I ask is take the money you saved and put it into the team if you do that and they win no one will care about being in the AL

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4493611 said:
I know many who do not like it. Myself I don't like it but I understand the new Owner doing it since it had an effect on the price he paid to get the Astros. All I ask is take the money you saved and put it into the team if you do that and they win no one will care about being in the AL

Yea definitely they need to put some in the team. I have a few friends in Houston who despise McLaine and are glad he is gone. I liked Minute Maid the one time I went. Nice park.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4493634 said:
Yea definitely they need to put some in the team. I have a few friends in Houston who despise McLaine and are glad he is gone.

I can't say I despise Drayton but I'm glad he sold the team if he is unwilling to put the money in to compete. Jim Crane we will see what he does. I like the fact the new GM is Jeff Luhnow was put in place. As a VP with the Cards that organization put together some very talented teams.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4493634 said:
Yea definitely they need to put some in the team. I have a few friends in Houston who despise McLaine and are glad he is gone. I liked Minute Maid the one time I went. Nice park.

It is a nice Park I'm looking at it right now. My office is on the 13th floor 1 block away from the Stadium. Matter of fact they are playing right now but the roof is closed

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4493642 said:
I can't say I despise Drayton but I'm glad he sold the team if he is unwilling to put the money in to compete. Jim Crane we will see what he does. I like the fact the new GM is Jeff Luhnow was put in place. As a VP with the Cards that organization put together some very talented teams.

I was just thinking with them moving that may mean that Pujols continues to be an Astro beater. Of course he beat up on the Rangers too. Eh. I like the Stros. Good luck to them. I remember how much my dad loved Biggio.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4493676 said:
I was just thinking with them moving that may mean that Pujols continues to be an Astro beater. Of course he beat up on the Rangers too. Eh. I like the Stros. Good luck to them. I remember how much my dad loved Biggio.

I hope for better days for them as well.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4493647 said:
It is a nice Park I'm looking at it right now. My office is on the 13th floor 1 block away from the Stadium. Matter of fact they are playing right now but the roof is closed

It's nice that Houston has that stadium right in their downtown. Wish Dallas could do that with their stadiums but I understand the dynamics of all that. You should have taken a long lunch and caught some BB.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4493679 said:
I hope for better days for them as well.

Off topic but being an obviously passionate Boys fan do you catch grief there in H town? I know Houston hates Dallas & everything Cowboy.