Yea!!!!

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am so relieved that I just had to share this with someone because my wife is tired of looking at my project so I guess you all will have to do, lol.

Below is one of the projects I have been working on for this long, long, long semester. It is for my Concurrent Engineering class which I decided to design and build a door jam security device. It is a prototype and to make a long story short it is design to fit between a patio door or sliding window. I also carved a wooden model but this kinematic model really shows off the functionality. I used CATIA initially to create the solids, assemblies, kinematics, and AVI file. Then finally I used video cleaner to create a gif from the AVI file. Enjoy.

Kinematic.gif

Go Cowboys!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hey, congrats. I hope it goes over big for you. That's kind of cool.

Good luck.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Hey, congrats. I hope it goes over big for you. That's kind of cool.

Good luck.
Thanks bro. This semester has been a pressure cooker but now that it is almost over I will be better for it.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
congrats butch, i think we're all stressing at the end of the semesters :( but it's worth it in the end. Cool thing you got there bro, hope everything goes well for you.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
congrats butch, i think we're all stressing at the end of the semesters :( but it's worth it in the end. Cool thing you got there bro, hope everything goes well for you.

not me because i am school free http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v194/dmxinsd/buttrock.gif

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
congrats butch, [b}i think we're all stressing at the end of the semesters[/b] :( but it's worth it in the end. Cool thing you got there bro, hope everything goes well for you.
That is a very true statement. There are two times when it is a good time to leave me alone. They were/are the night before a game and the night before an exam.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
jacs said:
not me because i am school free http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v194/dmxinsd/buttrock.gif
Soon. I have a nice little break until Jan. 10th then back to the drawing board. :(

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Soon. I have a nice little break until Jan. 10th then back to the drawing board. :(

i think its been 2 or more years since i finished high school

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
jacs said:
i think its been 2 or more years since i finished high school
Dude you are a youngin....What no more school? Get off your arse and get it in school...besides no need for me to be the only one sufferring, lol.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
im already working plus im at work right now :D (family business) which is audio recording and that stuff

jamez25

Reaction score
I am so relieved that I just had to share this with someone because my wife is tired of looking at my project so I guess you all will have to do, lol.
for a second there i thought a new forum might have to be added. :eek:

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Hello all,

Below is one of the projects I have been working on for this long, long, long semester. It is for my Concurrent Engineering class which I decided to design and build a door jam security device. It is a prototype and to make a long story short it is design to fit between a patio door or sliding window. I also carved a wooden model but this kinematic model really shows off the functionality. I used CATIA initially to create the solids, assemblies, kinematics, and AVI file. Then finally I used video cleaner to create a gif from the AVI file. Enjoy.

Kinematic.gif

Go Cowboys!

haqa.jpg

Dorky Gabe says - "That is RADICAL!!!

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Dorky Gabe is the man!..Thanks for the compliment. :rolleyes:
I miss that shirt :( , i should have never posted my pic on those love chatrooms. :eek: