Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say that Romo is a better QB than Brees

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Roughneck;1668713 said:
Going out on a thin branch over here.

Brees will be okay, but he's not going to duplicate last year again. I think over the last 2 or 3 years he's proven he's a quality NFL QB, but last year was definitely a fluke year all the way around for him and the Saints.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I'm quick to say that Breese has done it longer than Romo but right now Breese is just plain awful. He's Rex Grossman like. He's playing like the guy that made the Chargers draft Rivers.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Brees is definitely not what he was last year.

He looked absoultely terrible tonight, as he has the 1st 2 games.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
LMAO!!!

BTW, I saw replays of Brett and Tony's passes this weekend. A lot of similarity, with Romo being quicker...

Hey, I'm just saying, I noticed a similarity

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Romo = 3rd best QB in the league in my eyes. That's a huge compliment for an undrafted FA from a small school.

MONT17

Reaction score
Brees played well for like 2 years or so... After his big contract he is playing like the real Drew Brees! Lets hope Romo does not do the same

Nav22

Reaction score
Romo = 3rd best QB in the league in my eyes.
The scary thing is you won't find a whole lot of people who would disagree. Tony's just been sensational.

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
I wouldnt put Romo ahead of Brees just yet but I find it ironic how Payton tried trading for Romo first and then after that was rejected he went and got Brees. Or did he try trading for Romo after they signed Brees? Either way it showed that he thought Romo was good enough to potentially be their starter considering Brees wasnt very good before he got to New Orleans.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Romo is the best quarterback in the conference followed by Bulger, Hasselbeck and Brees.

This is hte NFC in a nutshell:

Romo- 0 SB's
Bulger- 0 SB's
Hasselbeck- 0 SB's
Brees- 0 SB's
Favre- 1 SB
McNabb- 0 SB's
Delhomme - 0 SB"s
Manning- 0 SB's
Garcia- 0 SB's
Campbell- 0 SB's
Leinhart- 0 SB's
A.Smith- 0 SB's
Kitna- 0 SB"s
Jackson- 0 SB's
Grossman- 0 SB's

Compared to the AFC which has dominant quarterbacking:

Manning- 1 SB
Brady- 3 SB's
Palmer- 0 SB's
Roethlisberger- 1 SB
Cutler- 0 SB's
Young- 0 SB's
Rivers- 0 SB's
Schaub- 0 SB"s
McNair- 0 SB's
Pennington- 0 SB's
Green- 1 SB
Losman- 0 SB's
Huard- 0 SB's
Russell- 0 SB's
Anderson- SB's

Only five of 32 starting quarterbacks have been Super bowl champions and only four actually played in the game, Green was Warner's backup with the Rams.

Favre is the lone NFC QB to win the big one.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Gotta say I was finally pretty impressed with Vince young. Nice job in the pocket and waiting before he took off. Very impressed at his QBing. He was always a winner, but I always thought he resembeled Vick at QB, but he is already a more accurate QB than MV ever was.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
the more and more i watch the saints....the more embarassing it gets that they rolled us last year. can you believe this outfit almost hung 50 on us in our own backyard last year?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ;1668929 said:
I wouldnt put Romo ahead of Brees just yet .

I would...and I am not a blind Romo homer either

there is no comparison between the two when it comes to arm strength and accuracy, or in mobility

right now, Romo is the far better player

David

superpunk

Reaction score
I absolutely love Carson Palmer, but at this point, Romo is better than he is, too. Aside from the huge deep ball, there is nothing that Carson does better than Tony. Tony's escapability more than compensates for being able to throw it 70 yards on a rope - I mean, how often do you need that skill in a game?

And it's amazing how Tony seems to keep getting better.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Count me in on ROMO better then anyone.........I WOULD NOT TRADE HIM FOR ANY PLAYER.

dooomsday

Reaction score
We'll seewhat happens when the brees shifts again. I am sure the opinions will change weekly!

sbark

Reaction score
Dont see any Sean Payton is a genius articles so far this season

sago1

Reaction score
Few QBs are great with an OL to protect and RBs to take pressure off them.

If we suffered injuries on our starting OL like Bulger & a few others, even Romo couldn't escape the avalache that would follow. Some of those teams (like the Rams) are having injury problems on their OL and so their performances haven't been great.

I've read that many believe the AFC is stronger then the NFC because they've got the better QBs now. That probably means they've got the better OLs & RBs. It not lost on anyone that the top teams in the NFL are perceived to be the Colts & Pats -- although I think we can handle the Colts once our defense steps it up. Some experts put us in 3rd place but others list the Steelers there & even include the Chargers (that probably changing after Sunday loss).