Yeah the season just started, but the draft is obvious for next year

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Draft needs

#1 Wide Receiver

#2 Offensive linemen (I think everyone agrees its time to start looking for a replacement to Flozell Adams)

#3 Nose Tackle

#3(4) Safety (Ken Hamlin needs to be gone if he doesn't start playing at least decently)

#5 Cornerback (obviously not a huge need hopefully, but it is cause for concern, especially since we only have 4 on the roster). I really wish Adam Jones had worked out, we would have been stacked.

We obviously need to get more production out of our wide receiver group. The fact that we haven't drafted a wide receiver in the first day since Antonio Bryant, definitely shows on game day. Romo will have the ball for a minute, and then run because NO ONE is open.

Obvious positions we do not need
Running back... (I think most of us are wondering who we are going to trade. If we can get a first round draft pick for one of these running backs, its gonna help us more than having 3 studs. As clutch as having Choice was, we don't normally get Felix involved let alone Tashard. We have no chance at keeping all three in the long run.

Tight End (actually im furious with Phillips, but im pretty sure we can replace him with anyone if he doesnt step his game up)

Quarterback (I really did want Colt McCoy as a backup, but since that isn't going to happen).

Defensive End (If we don't resign Spears, we're going to have to replace him ala how we replaced Canty in free agency, no more drafting players to start). I hope Hatcher steps up this year. I saw Bowen get some really good pressure on a play he was in as well.

Linebackers. I think we stand pat with what we have at let some players develop. Wish we had kept Kevin Burnett.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Galian Beast;2980515 said:
Draft needs

#1 Wide Receiver

#2 Offensive linemen (I think everyone agrees its time to start looking for a replacement to Flozell Adams)

#3 Nose Tackle

#3(4) Safety (Ken Hamlin needs to be gone if he doesn't start playing at least decently)

#5 Cornerback (obviously not a huge need hopefully, but it is cause for concern, especially since we only have 4 on the roster). I really wish Adam Jones had worked out, we would have been stacked.

We obviously need to get more production out of our wide receiver group. The fact that we haven't drafted a wide receiver in the first day since Antonio Bryant, definitely shows on game day. Romo will have the ball for a minute, and then run because NO ONE is open.

Running back... (I think most of us are wondering who we are going to trade. If we can get a first round draft pick for one of these running backs, its gonna help us more than having 3 studs. As clutch as having Choice was, we don't normally get Felix involved let alone Tashard. We have no chance at keeping all three in the long run.

Tight End (actually im furious with Phillips, but im pretty sure we can replace him with anyone if he doesnt step his game up)

Quarterback (I really did want Colt McCoy as a backup, but since that isn't going to happen).

Defensive End (If we don't resign Spears, we're going to have to replace him ala how we replaced Canty in free agency, no more drafting players to start). I hope Hatcher steps up this year. I saw Bowen get some really good pressure on a play he was in as well.

Linebackers. I think we stand pat with what we have at let some players develop. Wish we had kept Kevin Burnett.

agreed...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Draft needs

#1 Wide Receiver

#3 Nose Tackle

Good analysis, I pretty much agree with everything.

Our first rounder better be a WR next year, that is all I am saying about that.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Never have I seen people so eager to replace a ProBowl player at his position...J-Ray excels at what he does. Don't break it because it's under warranty.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
If we can get a first round draft pick for one of these running backs, its gonna help us more than having 3 studs.

No it won't, just because it's a first round, doesn't mean the can play in the NFL. And right now the Only thing the three back rotation has proved is they are all needed. Until a time where you have to drop one because of money, declining ability or poof they will never play a whole season why change that? Cowboys finally get solid at a position and people want to move away from it? Madness!!

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
I would put OL first and WR second. The offensive line seems to wear down late in the year and it is getting long in the tooth. We need to get younger on the OL.

And if Wade is gone, then i think they need to re-evalaute the 3-4 vs. the 4-3 defense.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;2980530 said:
Never have I seen people so eager to replace a ProBowl player at his position...J-Ray excels at what he does. Don't break it because it's under warranty.

I meant a nose tackle to spell Ratliff, and insurance in case of injury.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Galian Beast;2980549 said:
I meant a nose tackle to spell Ratliff, and insurance in case of injury.

That I can possibly see, depending on what Siavii does for the rest of the year.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
BAZ;2980535 said:
No it won't, just because it's a first round, doesn't mean the can play in the NFL. And right now the Only thing the three back rotation has proved is they are all needed. Until a time where you have to drop one because of money, declining ability or poof they will never play a whole season why change that? Cowboys finally get solid at a position and people want to move away from it? Madness!!

Because if you can get something for players, you should while you can. Just look at New England's success in doing that. Ended up trading deion branch for a first round draft pick.

You need to flesh out the team, and if you are stacked one place, and shallow somewhere else, you balance it out.

We will not be able to resign Choice when it comes time for him to be a free agent. Not saying trade him now, or this year. Just saying at some point in time, we're going to have to trade one of these running backs. Someone in the league will want to give him first string money. And if we can't at least come close to that he will leave for that starting spot. Most you can usually keep is 2 stud running backs, even that is hard.... look at all the premiere #2 running backs in the nfl... Choice is definitely up there with them, if not amongst #1s...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Disturbed;2980536 said:
I would put OL first and WR second. The offensive line seems to wear down late in the year and it is getting long in the tooth. We need to get younger on the OL.

And if Wade is gone, then i think they need to re-evalaute the 3-4 vs. the 4-3 defense.

Going back to the 4-3 would set this team back I think. Maybe you mix it in little by little, but I don't think you just dedicate a whole season to the switch. I think that sacrifices at least a year unless we get perfect personnel (players and coaches).

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Disturbed;2980536 said:

The offensive line is getting up there, but I wouldn't say they're long in the tooth.

I think we find a replacement for Flozell, but Leonard Davis is in his prime despite his age. Gurode, Kosier, and Colombo aren't old.

I think you bring in a top grade draft linemen year in and year out. We need to start focusing our draft on offensive talent, other than running backs and tight ends.

But that said we've neglected WR far more than offensive line, and that is a pressing need.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Galian Beast;2980551 said:
Because if you can get something for players, you should while you can. Just look at New England's success in doing that. Ended up trading deion branch for a first round draft pick.

You need to flesh out the team, and if you are stacked one place, and shallow somewhere else, you balance it out.

We will not be able to resign Choice when it comes time for him to be a free agent. Not saying trade him now, or this year. Just saying at some point in time, we're going to have to trade one of these running backs. Someone in the league will want to give him first string money. And if we can't at least come close to that he will leave for that starting spot. Most you can usually keep is 2 stud running backs, even that is hard.... look at all the premiere #2 running backs in the nfl... Choice is definitely up there with them, if not amongst #1s...

I think you'll find they get a couple of good years out of them first. Not just ship them out UPS express.