Yeldon in the 2nd

Spectre

Reaction score
Gordon and Gurley will be gone by the time we're making our 1st pick. No other RBs worth spending that high for.

T.J. Yeldon in the 2nd.
(Abdullah, the runner-up)

bodi

Reaction score
I gotta go

Yeldon
Ajayi

I'd be happy with either one

reddyuta

Reaction score
no thanks.guys get better in their college career but his guy has gotten worse since his great freshman year,seems slower and less decisive now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
no thanks.guys get better in their college career but his guy has gotten worse since his great freshman year,seems slower and less decisive now.

Im a Yeldon fan.

I feel like he is capable of the big play if it's there and is the 2nd toughest runner in the draft.

Needs to clean up the fumbles but I have him as the #3 back in this draft.

Gaede

Reaction score
Not a fan in 2

Didn't even crack 1000 yds last year

I'd say 4th. Reminds me of Tashard Choice for some reason

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I would be pretty happy if they grabbed Yeldon and let him sit behind McFadden for half a season until he gets the system in place. I think he is underrated as all get-out. I bet the dude ends up dropping ten pounds in the Pros and gets more burst than teams thought he had.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I would be pretty happy if they grabbed Yeldon and let him sit behind McFadden for half a season until he gets the system in place. I think he is underrated as all get-out. I bet the dude ends up dropping ten pounds in the Pros and gets more burst than teams thought he had.

Or he could get that money and gain 20 lol.

I honestly think that is Trent Richardsons only problem. He ate himself into looking like a human cheeseburger.

You look at his college frame and his pro fame and he just looks so much bigger then he was at Alabama.

rickster14

Reaction score
I haven't seen Ajayi, but I have watched many of Yeldon's games.

IF (notice big IF) Yeldon's lack of acceleration & speed that only seemed noticeable in 2014 was only a result of nagging injuries & has now returned, then I am ok with him. He has shown decent ability in pass protection and is an above average receiver out of the backfield.

The problem I have with him was that he just did not seem as explosive in 2014 as he was in his 1st two seasons at BAMA. Could have been nagging injuries or maybe running behind a not as good OL as he had in previous years. Still, he managed almost 1,000 yards in a backfield that used multiple runners.

Our offense requires a complete back (runs in & out, blocks, catches), but they do not necessarily have to be a homerun threat. TJ has the potential to be all of those & might have better game speed than given credit for. His pro day speed was in the low 4.5s.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I haven't seen Ajayi, but I have watched many of Yeldon's games.

IF (notice big IF) Yeldon's lack of acceleration & speed that only seemed noticeable in 2014 was only a result of nagging injuries & has now returned, then I am ok with him. He has shown decent ability in pass protection and is an above average receiver out of the backfield.

The problem I have with him was that he just did not seem as explosive in 2014 as he was in his 1st two seasons at BAMA. Could have been nagging injuries or maybe running behind a not as good OL as he had in previous years. Still, he managed almost 1,000 yards in a backfield that used multiple runners.

Our offense requires a complete back (runs in & out, blocks, catches), but they do not necessarily have to be a homerun threat. TJ has the potential to be all of those & might have better game speed than given credit for. His pro day speed was in the low 4.5s.

Completely agree.

Also you should go watch Ajayi.. If Speed and Acceleration are an issue with you for Yeldon then it's way worse with Ajayi.

Ajayi is the poster boy for what a beast RB should look like but I just don't see a beast player when he plays.

With that said he certainly could develop into that. I think Yeldon is more of a finished product then Ajayi is.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Completely agree.

Also you should go watch Ajayi.. If Speed and Acceleration are an issue with you for Yeldon then it's way worse with Ajayi.

Ajayi is the poster boy for what a beast RB should look like but I just don't see a beast player when he plays.

With that said he certainly could develop into that. I think Yeldon is more of a finished product then Ajayi is.

This class is deep, but I really think the true value of 5-6 of these backs is in the 3rd or 4th round. I'll look through them all a few more times (and I have full games tapes on some of them) but I just keep thinking that in the 1st and 2nd rounds (sans Gurley) you can mostly find players with more talent at other positions.

If I'm wrong, it sure won't be the first time though.

Spectre

Reaction score
I agree that Yeldon has been kinda slept on leading up to the draft. He's nothing special in terms of size, speed, big runs etc. But neither was Demarco Murray. I see a similar fit (to Murray) in this offense. Yeldon, however, has an ability to plant a foot and quickly change direction well beyond what Murray was/is capable of.

I've made it no secret that I think Ajayi's overrated. I think T. Coleman is too. Dallas' current pick in the 2nd round is the right spot for grabbing Yeldon... if he's even there. (expect Gordon, Gurley, maybe Abdullah, and [hopefully] Ajayi to be off the board by then]

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree that Yeldon has been kinda slept on leading up to the draft. He's nothing special in terms of size, speed, big runs etc. But neither was Demarco Murray. I see a similar fit (to Murray) in this offense. Yeldon, however, has an ability to plant a foot and quickly change direction well beyond what Murray was/is capable of.

I've made it no secret that I think Ajayi's really overrated. Don't see much potential in T. Coleman either. Dallas' current spot in the 2nd round is the right spot for grabbing Yeldon... if he's even there. (expect Gordon, Gurley, maybe Abdullah, and [hopefully] Ajayi to be off the board by then]

Yeldon finishes runs similar to Murray and he actually has vision.

Unfortunately, like Murray, he fumbles.

You can watch any game and this guy just finishes every run and always gets what is available.

Spectre

Reaction score
Yeldon finishes runs similar to Murray and he actually has vision.

Unfortunately, like Murray, he fumbles.

You can watch any game and this guy just finishes every run and always gets what is available.

Seems most of these backs this year have fumbilitis so I'm not really concerned. That can be adjusted.

Biggest factor is this kid has 'it', in my opinion. He's gonna be a fine back in the NFL.

Last edited: