Yellowstone: Battle for Life

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I have seen hundreds of nature documentaries. I love em. Always have.

But I saw one yesterday that is in a league of its own. Its called "Yellowstone :Battle for Life". Its on DiscoveryHD channel, and its running this month.

I've never seen better cinematography in my life. It was stunning. I can't even put it in words. You MUST watch this show.

HD pictures that will blow you away.

Anyone else see it?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Better than the "Planet Earth" series? I find that hard to believe.

I'll definitely check it out though. Thanks.

CowboyWay

Reaction score
Planet Earth was outstanding. But I think this one was even better. Cinematography was other-worldly.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2762275 said:
Planet Earth was outstanding. But I think this one was even better. Cinematography was other-worldly.

That's crazy. I wouldn't think anything comparable to Planet Earth would come along for a while, considering it took 7 years to film with the most high tech film available and the new techniques they used to get those shots.

What day does Yellowstone air? I'll have to set my DVR right now....

CowboyWay

Reaction score
Not sure, I'd just do a search for it on your dvr.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
there was a series about yellowstone on the bbc over here recently which looked fantastic from what i say of it but unfortunately i kept forgetting it was on and missing most of it.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
This board is amazing. CowboyWay, I saw this show Sunday night and had the exact same reaction. It was absolutely captivating. The scene where the red fox dove headfirst into four feet of snow to snag a rodent that he "heard" was one of the coolest things I've ever seen on TV. Yellowstone is my favorite place- celebrating my 40th this summer there fly-fishing with my brother for a week.

+1 that Yellowstone: Battle For Life is must-see TV.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Sitting Bull;2763477 said:
This board is amazing. CowboyWay, I saw this show Sunday night and had the exact same reaction. It was absolutely captivating. The scene where the red fox dove headfirst into four feet of snow to snag a rodent that he "heard" was one of the coolest things I've ever seen on TV. Yellowstone is my favorite place- celebrating my 40th this summer there fly-fishing with my brother for a week.

+1 that Yellowstone: Battle For Life is must-see TV.

As a fellow fly-fisherman, I'm going to go ahead and demand photos now. That's one of the things I'm determined to do before I die...

CowboyWay

Reaction score
Yeah, that fox scene was righteous. My wife doesn't watch shows like this, but she sat down and watched the whole thing last night (I tivo'd it). And she was mesmerized.

Fly fishing????????????? Now thats what this board needs, is a fly fishing thread. I came out of the womb with a fly rod in my hand. Grew up in New Mexico and fished all over the mountains. Moved to Texas 15 years ago, and that is the single biggest thing I miss about the mountains. Fly fishing for Bass is ok, but its just not the same as being in the mountains, and sightcasting to a feeding brown trout. Its a religious experience I tell you, and unless someone does it, they just don't understand it.

PosterChild

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2763812 said:
Yeah, that fox scene was righteous. My wife doesn't watch shows like this, but she sat down and watched the whole thing last night (I tivo'd it). And she was mesmerized.

Fly fishing????????????? Now thats what this board needs, is a fly fishing thread. I came out of the womb with a fly rod in my hand. Grew up in New Mexico and fished all over the mountains. Moved to Texas 15 years ago, and that is the single biggest thing I miss about the mountains. Fly fishing for Bass is ok, but its just not the same as being in the mountains, and sightcasting to a feeding brown trout. Its a religious experience I tell you, and unless someone does it, they just don't understand it.

Sounds like you're the reel deal.

Sorry.

PosterChild

Reaction score
Sitting Bull;2763900 said:

Looks like the full DVD is available fr Amazon, bbc flavour, for only round 12 pounds...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yellowstone-DVD/dp/B001MGUAC4

blank.png

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Wow, I just saw the first episode. Absolutely, ****ing awesome stuff. On par with Planet Earth, in my opinion.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will check it out - thanks for the heads up.