Yep, Jerry just bought a championship

jimmy40

Reaction score
Roy Williams is the Charles Haley piece of the puzzle.

I've never said this before but BOOK IT.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
little soon for that.

Temper your enthusiasm.

Yesterday was a bad day. Today was a good day.

Tomorrow we can all go back to reality that this team and this defense have its hand full and a ton of work cut out for them. We will go as far as this defense can take us.

Then there is the special teams issue.

Lot of work to be done here.

from listening to the two radio shows tonight, witten, procter and owens and crayton sound upbeat. So hopefully tomorrow begins a new season when the team shows up for practice.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
1) gotta play better defense

2) gotta have better OL play than 2 of the past 3 games

3) gotta get healthy, and not have anyone else go down

4) absolutely have to beat the Rams this week

Rudy

Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2340835 said:

The Rams. "Greatest Show On Turf"...which we may be able to top. Matter of fact, I don't think there has been a WR corps this big since Holt/Bruce...and they didn't have a Witten.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2340834 said:
Defense wins championships(most of the time)

dbair1967;2340841 said:

2) gotta have better OL play than 2 of the past 3 games

We gotta win the way the Rams won a couple of years ago....

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Rudy;2340845 said:
The Rams. "Greatest Show On Turf"...which we may be able to top. Matter of fact, I don't think there has been a WR corps this big since Holt/Bruce...and they didn't have a Witten.

They had this one guy his name was marshall faulk. He was pretty good. One of the best ever.....!

jimmy40

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2340827 said:
:eek:

I don't think I've ever seen you this positive.
I haven't been this happy about being a Cowboys fan in a long, long time. I'm not kidding, I didn't know about this until a few minutes ago. I saw a few RW threads and thought it was the RW that can't cover.:D I didn't even bother reading the threads. TO on one side and Roy Williams on the other. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? I can't get the smile off my face.

Mansta54

Reaction score
theebs;2340831 said:
little soon for that.

Temper your enthusiasm.

Yesterday was a bad day. Today was a good day.

Tomorrow we can all go back to reality that this team and this defense have its hand full and a ton of work cut out for them. We will go as far as this defense can take us.

Then there is the special teams issue.

Lot of work to be done here.

from listening to the two radio shows tonight, witten, procter and owens and crayton sound upbeat. So hopefully tomorrow begins a new season when the team shows up for practice.

Why? It's a damn good move and does wonders for our O. I have tons of faith in JG getting these guys in position to get open. Now, we just need the oline to get back to blocking like they know how. Our oline is the entire key..

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
jimmy40;2340822 said:

In no way does the presence of Roy Williams ensure that teams don't score two TDs on Special Teams. Nor will he keep our QB from getting killed.

We didn't need help at WR as much as we did in finding a replacement for Bruce Read or OLs that can block.

Even without Williams, Romo still thew for over 300 yards again last Sunday.

Williams is a nice addition but that's about it.

montgod

Reaction score
dbair1967;2340841 said:

2) gotta have better OL play than 2 of the past 3 games ESPECIALLY with Brad Johnson behind center.

You forgot...

5) Better special teams play which will be hard without a game breaker like FJones. I would be happy with eliminating TOs and runbacks from the other team.

Rudy

Reaction score
theebs;2340856 said:
They had this one guy his name was marshall faulk. He was pretty good. One of the best ever.....!

I knew that was coming...I think Felix/Barber together could equal him. Hopefully!

Iamtdg

Benched
Reaction score
jimmy40;2340857 said:
I haven't been this happy about being a Cowboys fan in a long, long time. I'm not kidding, I didn't know about this until a few minutes ago. I saw a few RW threads and thought it was the RW that can't cover.:D I didn't even bother reading the threads. TO on one side and Roy Williams on the other. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? I can't get the smile off my face.

You're smiling about the fake Roy on one side?

Okay.

utrunner07

Reaction score
jimmy40;2340822 said:

Completely, 100%, no ifs ands or buts about it, ignorant. BOOK IT. Sorry man, I agree with most of your posts but this is just outright ridiculous.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Stop - 1) you don't "buy championships"

Haley was so vastly better a football player than Roy #11. And what did JJ give up for Haley?

Scoring points was not this teams issue - lets see how #11 PERFORMS BEFORE WE ANNOINT HIM.