Yep, Jerry just bought a championship

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If we had a coach like Jimmy Johnson, I would say you could basically mail the Super Bowl trophy to Valley Ranch starting Wednesday.

But I don't have confidence in this coaching staff to prepare this team for the duration. I hope I'm wrong, though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DallasEast;2340912 said:
Thank you, Skip.

That was Skip Bayless. Tune into CowboysZone at 9:45 pm central every evening for the Skip Bayless Show. Goodnight folks.

hahahahaha

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
is this a joke?

seriously. the cowboys already have pro bowlers at QB, TE, WR, and RB, not to mention the O line.

and you think a guy who has topped 1000 yards once in his career and never had more than 8 TD's in a season is the missing piece of the puzzle?

and i havent mentioned your D yet.

honestly, i dont know what the problem is with crayton as a #2. looks OK to me.

holy crap. now i know why you guys have laughed at the skins for all these years. please tell me this is a joke.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
riggo;2341032 said:
is this a joke?

seriously. the cowboys already have pro bowlers at QB, TE, WR, and RB, not to mention the O line.

and you think a guy who has topped 1000 yards once in his career and never had more than 8 TD's in a season is the missing piece of the puzzle?

holy crap. now i know why you guys have laughed at the skins for all these years. please tell me this is a joke.

What's the problem with Ladell Betts ? Why did you pick up Shaun Alexander?

I don't think Crayton can fulfill a #1 role once TO is done and if he goes down he is insurance. Don't you think so?

jimmy40

Reaction score
riggo;2341032 said:
is this a joke?

I was at work Sunday, who did ya'll play and what happened?

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2341040 said:
What's the problem with Ladell Betts ? Why did you pick up Shaun Alexander?

really? you dont know?

I don't think Crayton can fulfill a #1 role once TO is done and if he goes down he is insurance. Don't you think so?

nobody can replace TOs talent level, except maybe randy moss.

but roy williams sure does have some nice highlight reel catches doesnt he?

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
jimmy40;2341046 said:
I was at work Sunday, who did ya'll play and what happened?

we beat you. and the cards. who did you play?

and there is no excuse for losing to the rams, btw. :bang2:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Thanks gang -

"Book it" Royalty checks filter in weekly to me!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
riggo;2341052 said:
really? you dont know?

nobody can replace TOs talent level, except maybe randy moss.

but roy williams sure does have some nice highlight reel catches doesnt he?

He's better than Crayton has #1 WR experience and can take over the #1 spot when TO retires I don't see the negatives with the trade....You guys signing Shaun Alexendar on the other hand is stupid.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
jimmy40;2340822 said:
Roy Williams is the Charles Haley piece of the puzzle.

I've never said this before but BOOK IT.

:rolleyes:

I heard someone say that when we got T.O.
Then Parcells.
Then Tank.
Then PacMan.
Then Zack.
Now RW.

History should have proven that it takes the right team of players and the right HC.
Seriously, Jerra needs to promote Jason Garrett.

cowboybacker4life

Reaction score
THUMPER;2340879 said:
In no way does the presence of Roy Williams ensure that teams don't score two TDs on Special Teams. Nor will he keep our QB from getting killed.

We didn't need help at WR as much as we did in finding a replacement for Bruce Read or OLs that can block.

Even without Williams, Romo still thew for over 300 yards again last Sunday.

Williams is a nice addition but that's about it.
once again another of you have no idea what they are talking about sure Romo threw for 300 yards but the offense hasn't been as smooth as it has been since they started taking T.O. out of the game. Mansta said it best this will help the offense to be able to be more consistent and not have the D on the field so much

rock0100

Reaction score
Jerry is not done "buying" the championship until he brings us Bill Cowher. :wink2:

Dont I wish. Today was a good day though. Im dissappointed in Pacman, but Roy Williams...I have been dreaming of this since last year. Awesome!!!

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I think Romo will come back level headed and more collected.
We will get Felix back later in the year.

I think that this team can really get going late in the season, as opposed to usually starting hot and fading.

Defensively I'm a bit worried...but what is encouraging is that we have the talent level on that side to be very good. It's just a matter of actually executing.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks;2341430 said:
I think Romo will come back level headed and more collected.
We will get Felix back later in the year.

I think that this team can really get going late in the season, as opposed to usually starting hot and fading.

Defensively I'm a bit worried...but what is encouraging is that we have the talent level on that side to be very good. It's just a matter of actually executing.

Yah well 3 and outs are going to be more important defensively to this team than ever now so Wade needs to get rid of this bend but don't break approach. Running the ball well is more important as well. Fundamental football is always detrimental but it will actually be important to this team again. I'm more worried about the corner position than anything because Brad can sail this ship properly for a month game management wise and wil actually get us back to the fundamentals. Can this defense and special teams be consistent for 4 weeks? Not if those corners look rookie-esque and if Bruce Read is running ST's feeling secure about his job.