Yet Another Reason Why Soccer is a Joke

burmafrd

Reaction score
Yeah just another reason why America is great; we understand that soccer is just a stand in when you cannot afford anything else. You have to take what you can get.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The only thing soccer has going for it is the insane drunkenness.

Soccer fans are nuts. I was in Europe last spring and some sort of soccer event was going on, those ****ers scared the **** out of me. They were mobbing up and down the streets chanting, yelling, screaming, puking and everything else.

If there's a sport that knows how to drink, soccer is probably it.

Other than that, I can't see a single reason why the sport is interesting.

joseephuss

Reaction score
burmafrd;3338015 said:
Yeah just another reason why America is great; we understand that soccer is just a stand in when you cannot afford anything else. You have to take what you can get.

Yep because nobody has money in Japan and Germany.

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3338023 said:
The only thing soccer has going for it is the insane drunkenness.

Soccer fans are nuts. I was in Europe last spring and some sort of soccer event was going on, those ****ers scared the **** out of me. They were mobbing up and down the streets chanting, yelling, screaming, puking and everything else.

If there's a sport that knows how to drink, soccer is probably it.

Other than that, I can't see a single reason why the sport is interesting.

Funny thing is I saw more drunkeness at Texas Stadium than you will ever see inside Stadiums in the UK.

What you do find is that at the major tournaments (World Cup/European Championships) fans travel from all over to be there, even without any hope of tickets, and most of those then congregate in bars where there are no restrictions on drinking.

As for the clip, it was hilarious.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
UKCowboysFan;3338066 said:
Funny thing is I saw more drunkeness at Texas Stadium than you will ever see inside Stadiums in the UK.

What you do find is that at the major tournaments (World Cup/European Championships) fans travel from all over to be there, even without any hope of tickets, and most of those then congregate in bars where there are no restrictions on drinking.

As for the clip, it was hilarious.

We're not talking about what happens at the stadium. If we were we would have to mention mass rioting.

I'm just talking what I saw out on the streets. Never seen so much vomit on the ground during any other event in my life.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
burmafrd;3338015 said:
Xenophobia, thy name is burmafrd.

Ren

Reaction score
The extreme passions some fans have for soccer here is something you really have to live here to understand

American culture and relationship to sports is so different to that in for example Europe that it would be pointless to try to explain.
My crappy local division 6 club could in theory play in the champions league Most clubs here are a everyday part of the local community, while in the US you essentially cheer for a brand that you have no personal connection to.
Almost everyone who grew up and played any kind of sport in my local community would at some point in their lives probably done it for the very same club they cheer for on gameday, their little league trophies would sit in the same clubhouse as the champions league trophy that they in theory could win

jimmy40

Reaction score
pretty much the same feeling I get with American football sideline reporters.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I happen to enjoy soccer, so I disagree with this entire thread.

I'm not going to go out and say that soccer's better than football, baseball, or basketball, because that's insanity, but I'll definitely watch a soccer match before I watch hockey. Especially with World Cup coming up.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3338076 said:
We're not talking about what happens at the stadium. If we were we would have to mention mass rioting.

yet in twenty years of going to games in four different countries i've never once seen a riot

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
daschoo;3338744 said:
yet in twenty years of going to games in four different countries i've never once seen a riot

You've been to Argentina? I didn't think so, Rob Roy.

Ren

Reaction score
daschoo;3338744 said:

English in Oslo 1994

Bosnians in Oslo 2006 or 2007 can't remember the year exactly

at the club level i've seen plenty but it was far more common in the 80s and early 90s we got "casuals" or what ever the hell they call them selves now but they don't riot and mostly just fight amongst them selves

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3338821 said:
You've been to Argentina? I didn't think so, Rob Roy.

so i can take eagles fans as representative of all nfl fans?

Ren;3338936 said:
English in Oslo 1994

Bosnians in Oslo 2006 or 2007 can't remember the year exactly

at the club level i've seen plenty but it was far more common in the 80s and early 90s we got "casuals" or what ever the hell they call them selves now but they don't riot and mostly just fight amongst them selves

i'm not saying the fans are all angels but the comment i quoted was implying that it occurs at every game, i was merely saying i've been going to games for over twenty years and have never been caught up in one.