Yet Another Reason Why Soccer is a Joke

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
daschoo;3338955 said:
so i can take eagles fans as representative of all nfl fans?

Put that sword back in your scabbard. I didn't take your independence from you, Rob.

thekavorka

Reaction score
casmith07;3338627 said:
I happen to enjoy soccer, so I disagree with this entire thread.

I'm not going to go out and say that soccer's better than football, baseball, or basketball, because that's insanity, but I'll definitely watch a soccer match before I watch hockey. Especially with World Cup coming up.

I find high level European soccer (i.e. a Champion's League match) much better than baseball and basketball and on par with football. The tension and atmosphere in a Champion's League match is unparalleled.

I can understand that a mid-table league match can be quite dull though.

There are so many different leagues, competitions, and styles of play that making a general statement like "soccer sucks" is ridiculous. I consider myself a big soccer fan, but I could never watch something like a Mexican league match. Even the world cup is drastically different from something like the Champion's League. Most people who say "soccer sucks" probably have never seen top european clubs play. It'd be like someone saying football sucks while having only seen their local high school football team play that only runs the wishbone.