Yet another Skip Bayless quote

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
I know how sick everyone is about talking about skip bayless, and i can't stand it either.....

but i just saw this idiot respond to a question of whether we were better or worse with Romo last year than Bledsoe....

and he said having Romo is was WORSE??!!

i mean i know he likes to make controversial statements, especially regarding Dallas lately, but you would think that even he would see how completely boneheaded that comment is

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
mean i know he likes to make controversial statements

He doesn't make controversial comments, he makes stupid, uneducated comments.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Dcowboy84;1686205 said:
I know how sick everyone is about talking about skip bayless, and i can't stand it either.....

but i just saw this idiot respond to a question of whether we were better or worse with Romo last year than Bledsoe....

i mean i know he likes to make controversial statements, especially regarding Dallas lately, but you would think that even he would see how completely boneheaded that comment is

sooner or later people will just walk around that puddle of stupidity and quit even going "wow" at the idiocy that comes out of his mouth.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
How does this guy even keep his job. Sure the media likes controversy but this is just stupidity like someone said earlier.

Seriously, he would be one of those guys that would say that it doesnt make sense why the Cowboys are named the Dallas Cowboys and not the Irving Cowboys and make a huge deal out of it.

Makes me mad because he is making money that he does not deserve. Pathetic.

fortdick

Reaction score
sacowboysfan513;1686226 said:
How does this guy even keep his job. Sure the media likes controversy but this is just stupidity like someone said earlier.

Seriously, he would be one of those guys that would say that it doesnt make sense why the Cowboys are named the Dallas Cowboys and not the Irving Cowboys and make a huge deal out of it.

Makes me mad because he is making money that he does not deserve. Pathetic.

Well, everyone here is talking about him. He must be doing something right. Isn't that his job? To get people to watch him and talk about him? We are making him more likely to talk trash by responding to it.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
iceberg;1686214 said:
sooner or later people will just walk around that puddle of stupidity and quit even going "wow" at the idiocy that comes out of his mouth.

We can only hope so.

It's the only way to make him eventually go away. (Short of an ax to the head ;) )

Just like dealing with a garden variety forum troll. The only way to win is not to play.

(Apologies for accidentally quoting the movie that launched Matthew Broderick's career.)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dcowboy84;1686205 said:

I just saw that. He was talking to the Cleveland Indian pitcher who said he was a Cowboys fan. (Can't remember his name.)

Everyone just laughed at him after he said it. Even the host said, (and I paraphrase) "that's Skip Bayless for ya."

Again, he just likes to create controversy because he knows hundreds of Cowboys fans will be lightening up his email. As a journalist, you'd rather have a hundred critical emails than a dozen complimentary ones. And no fan base spits out those critical emails like the Cowboys fan base. :)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
fortdick;1686239 said:
Well, everyone here is talking about him. He must be doing something right. Isn't that his job? To get people to watch him and talk about him? We are making him more likely to talk trash by responding to it.

:clap:

You understand the game. :)

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
iceberg;1686214 said:

The thing is though, you're compelled to come back and watch what he has to say the following week when the Cowboys play another great game again. I'm absolutely loving the fact that he's currently having a heaping dish of crow to eat because of the great play of the model citizen, "Team Obliterator". For a couple of years now he's been bashing T.O. and saying how he's going to eventually bring our organization down. Well, week in and week out, "Team Obliterator" has been nothing short of amazing both on and off the field this season; causing Skip "Clueless" to have less and less credibility every time he opens his trap.

The Drew Bledsoe over Tony Romo comment will only add to the fact that Bayless is a total idiot. ;)

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
fortdick;1686239 said:

Maybe so, but this is definitely not encouraging anyone to tune in to see what he says next. At least I hope not. Unless you are a glutton for punishment.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Dcowboy84;1686205 said:

All he is doing is discrediting himself.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
You guys need to remember... Bayless has largely made a living off denouncing the Cowboys...

When the Cowboys are good, he will ratchet up the rhetoric because it gets him attention...

If the Cowboys were to win a Superbowl anytime soon, you can expect a book from him shortly thereafter attempting to tear down the whole organization...

It's what he does...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
trickblue;1686272 said:
You guys need to remember... Bayless has largely made a living off denouncing the Cowboys...

When the Cowboys are good, he will ratchet up the rhetoric because it gets him attention...

If the Cowboys were to win a Superbowl anytime soon, you can expect a book from him shortly thereafter attempting to tear down the whole organization...

It's what he does...
Yep, he's the best.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Draegerman;1686263 said:
The thing is though, you're compelled to come back and watch what he has to say the following week when the Cowboys play another great game again. I'm absolutely loving the fact that he's currently having a heaping dish of crow to eat because of the great play of the model citizen, "Team Obliterator". For a couple of years now he's been bashing T.O. and saying how he's going to eventually bring our organization down. Well, week in and week out, "Team Obliterator" has been nothing short of amazing both on and off the field this season; causing Skip "Clueless" to have less and less credibility every time he opens his trap.

The Drew Bledsoe over Tony Romo comment will only add to the fact that Bayless is a total idiot. ;)

yea, it's like watching a train wreck or feeding trolls in a forum. sometimes you just can't help it. but after awhile the one-trick ponys show should be done except for those who'll keep it alive.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two days in a row we have had Skip Bayless threads now?

I need to go shower again.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
The guy has made an entire career out of being a contrarian.

The late, great Mark Tunei should have pummeled him on the team plane that time he had him cornered.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jcblanco22;1686339 said:
The guy has made an entire career out of being a contrarian.

The late, great Mark Tunei should have pummeled him on the team plane that time he had him cornered.
I love that story.