Yetur gross matos

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great player off the edge but seems to be caught up in penn state hazing controversy....

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
If we're going DL, we need to go inside, not outside IMO.

cowboyec

Reaction score
excellent player off the edge.
if we go DE at 17...he should be one of the targets in my opinion.

Sydla

Reaction score
If we're going DL, we need to go inside, not outside IMO.

We probably need to go both, especially if Quinn isn't resigned.

It's strange that people seem to think we are in good shape at DE. We aren't unless Quinn is back.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
We probably need to go both, especially if Quinn isn't resigned.

It's strange that people seem to think we are in good shape at DE. We aren't unless Quinn is back.
Agreed. Even if Quinn is back, depth is really, really thin without huge strides from Armstrong, Jelks and Jackson
I’ve watched very little of this guy but he looked slow coming off the edge to me.
Yea I like him but I don't get the appeal for the first round. He looks like Tyrone Crawford to me.

Sydla

Reaction score
Agreed. Even if Quinn is back, depth is really, really thin without huge strides from Armstrong, Jelks and Jackson

Would they consider bringing Hyder back?

I'd love to see Quinn back, one of Jelks or Jackson be able to make an impact and then take another developmental edge guy in the middle of the draft (unless a stud were to fall to us early in the draft and he was BPA).

It's also interesting to see what Nolan does and how he views his DEs. Take a guy like Okwara from ND. I suspect Marinelli would view him as similar to TJ Watt - "nice player, don't know if I can use him." If Okwara (or anyone similar) fell to us in a particular round and was BPA, would we consider him now?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
First time I really watched Matos.

Really impressive hand usage and technique.

He reminds a lot of the Bosa brothers whom I don’t consider especially fast/quick but because of their technique they are rarely slowed down.

Verdammung

Reaction score
OP: This guy may have sexually hazed his teammates.

CowboysZone: We should draft him at #17 overall.