CFZ You are defined by your biggest accomplishment in the playoffs

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For every one of our fans complaining about a “lack of respect from the media” after our great win last night, just remember- we won’t be respected until we do something new in the playoffs. And that CAN happen this Sunday with another road win in a divisional playoff game this weekend. We haven’t won a divisional playoff game in 28 years.

So don’t worry about respect until we do something we haven’t done lately. I’m not minimizing our win! It was great. I’m thrilled. But folks we should have won that game last night. A 12 win team vs an 8 win team. We are better than the Bucs. And it was a wild card playoff win, which we have won 4 other times since our last divisional round win.

Again, respect is earned in the playoffs. Let a winning scoreboard do the talking. Hate to say my fellow fans, but we haven’t earned much respect- yet. Here’s hoping this time next week we’re talking about being in the NFC championship game. That will earn some respect.

Put it in even simpler terms...Do we want to be defined this year by just winning a wild card game? That’s cool. But that’s not much in the respect column.

Irv88

Reaction score
Super Bowl win!

“How Bout Them Cowboys!”
-Jimmy Johnson

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
For every one of our fans complaining about a “lack of respect from the media” after our great win last night, just remember- we won’t be respected until we do something new in the playoffs. And that CAN happen this Sunday with another road win in a divisional playoff game this weekend. We haven’t won a divisional playoff game in 28 years.

So don’t worry about respect until we do something we haven’t done lately. I’m not minimizing our win! It was great. I’m thrilled. But folks we should have won that game last night. A 12 win team vs an 8 win team. We are better than the Bucs. And it was a wild card playoff win, which we have won 4 other times since our last divisional round win.

Again, respect is earned in the playoffs. Let a winning scoreboard do the talking. Hate to say my fellow fans, but we haven’t earned much respect- yet. Here’s hoping this time next week we’re talking about being in the NFC championship game. That will earn some respect.

Put it in even simpler terms...Do we want to be defined this year by just winning a wild card game? That’s cool. But that’s not much in the respect column.
Exactly. I don’t want to hear “house money” at all.

Whoever wants to cash in if they beat SF, go ahead, but we still haven’t gotten past this round in about forever, and have only played a competitive game once during that time.

GET to a damn NFCCG before trying to claim the season is a win.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
12-5 Check

A serious beat down the last game we played Check

A second win on the road in the playoffs We'll see

By any measurable means, this season is a win !!!!

Just because you use cliches and have high wishes and want to play all hard a@#!$, Don't make you right.

Let's get the win Sunday

Go Cowboys!!!!!!!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Whoever wants to cash in if they beat SF, go ahead, but we still haven’t gotten past this round in about forever, and have only played a competitive game once during that time.

I’m right there with you. Thrilled about last night’s win, but a wild card win isn’t enough to wow anyone IMO.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
12-5 Check

A serious beat down the last game we played Check

A second win on the road in the playoffs We'll see

By any measurable means, this season is a win !!!!

Just because you use cliches and have high wishes and want to play all hard a@#!$, Don't make you right.

Let's get the win Sunday

Go Cowboys!!!!!!!
I have no idea what you mean here, lol. “Cliches“ and “high wishes”…? Please clarify.

Reaction score

That post is full of high wishes. NFCCG
I have no idea what you mean here, lol. “Cliches“ and “high wishes”…? Please clarify.
That post is full of high wishes" NFCCG"

Get to a DAMN nfccg before trying to claim this season is a win.

Look I grow tired of these so called wanna be tough guys pissin all over everything. No matter how you look at it , this season is a win, remains to be seen just how much of a win

My Boys are for real. I want them to win it all but IF they don't , I'm not going to say it was all for nothing.

GO COWBOYS , Let's get that Win Sunday

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I guarantee you that every team remaining in the playoffs respect the Cowboys. Fans? They’re clueless.

Einstein

Reaction score
Back to back winning season should count for something IMO, but we have to get to the championship game to be looked at as a real contender

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So our goal is to be respected by the media ? Not really sure where this is coming from nor the importance.

And for all of the reasons we should have won last night , we won’t be expected to win Sunday night.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Agree. Ultimate goal is the Super Bowl but last night was still a big step forward.

Winning the way we did on the road in the playoffs against Brady makes me feel like this team is close. I don’t think we have the talent this year like SF / Philly but with a good offseason I like us making a run in the next few years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agree. Ultimate goal is the Super Bowl but last night was still a big step forward.

Winning the way we did on the road in the playoffs against Brady makes me feel like this team is close. I don’t think we have the talent this year like SF / Philly but with a good offseason I like us making a run in the next few years.
Right

This season is much to build on moving forward. I’d like our chances more with a home game or two.

I’m not really sure why anyone would expect us to run the table as underdogs on the road.

Blitzen

Reaction score
That post is full of high wishes. NFCCG

That post is full of high wishes" NFCCG"

Get to a DAMN nfccg before trying to claim this season is a win.

Look I grow tired of these so called wanna be tough guys pissin all over everything. No matter how you look at it , this season is a win, remains to be seen just how much of a win

My Boys are for real. I want them to win it all but IF they don't , I'm not going to say it was all for nothing.

GO COWBOYS , Let's get that Win Sunday
Just to clarify-what would your definition of a overall season “loss” be?

GMO415

Reaction score

Bullet, I didn't hear a bell. Fights on.

Reaction score
Just to clarify-what would your definition of a overall season “loss” be?
A season loss is where we lose a substantial amount of games more than the previous year. like from 12-5 to 10-7

Where we lose talent , obvious talent, Key players, coaches without replacement

If I want to push it I could say one in where our trajectory goes in the wrong direction. We sucked Mike's first Year, The next year we were good but one and done, this year we are a little closer to our goal.

Let's say we went 9-8 missed the play offs, lost players with no replacements. That's a season lost , So it a season loss

Reaction score
As an aside I don't like the new way of doing things mortgage your future for a Super Bowl NOW.

I've seen my team win all 5 of it's Super Bowls as well as the 3 they loss. I like steady team building where you put a good product out there year in year out. Your not going to win every year

make those years that you don't win it all, COMPETATIVE. It's like everything else, sex is very important to a virgin. To well travelled man with game, not so much. You begin to hold out for quality

quantity, it's all pink after all